Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Database?

Options
  • 29-12-2002 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

As most people know by now the IMDB is the best database site out there for info on actors and movies but does anyone know of an equivilant site that gives info on writers and a list of the books they've written by year etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't think so. ibdb.com is taken by the "Internet Broadway DB" :rolleyes:

The closest I could find was a discussion detailing the possibility of such a db:
    http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Internet_20Book_20Database

Would anyone here be interested in starting such a thing? I'll be starting my DB's module next symester and have a nice new book on MySQL to read through.

It's a massive undertaking, but I'd certainly be interested in starting some sort of site.....

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

I tend to just look up a book on Amazon if I want info on it. Its searches also cover its second-hand 'Z shops' so they're fairly comprehensive.

But an IBDB would be fun. :)

But massive. :eek:

Advertisement