Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help?!

Options
  • 30-12-2002 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

Im not sure if any one can help me with this but anyway....

Im currently doing a course in DCU im very unhappy in it and feel ive made a mistake with what ive chosen.

Does anyone know what the procedure is for changing course i.e. transferring to a different college etc.

Do i contact the access officer of the college i wish to transfer to or what's the story?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Unfortunatly your probably going to have to wait till next year to switch courses at this stage.....

I switched course myself this year (same reason as you) and I was right on the deadline for W.I.T (start of november). I dont know what the procedure is in your college but personally i just went to the c.h.a.r.t office (plz dont ask me what it stands for, something about supporting students :D ) and they sorted me out.

Well i went to reception and then they directed me to there, tbh you should head to reception and then do what your told :). Anyway gl with the transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

thanks

i realise i wouldnt be able to start in a new course so late in thea year its just i want to get out before my finals start in 3 weeks (pleasant)

cheers for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I've never been to DCU, so don't know the setup there, but would suggest you have a talk with either your course tutor (if you have one), or someone in student counselling, even if you are certain that you want to leave your course. They deal with students in your situation all the time and can be a great help in negotiating college bureaucracy.

As for transferring college, you are probably looking at reapplying through the CAO unless you are further on than first year and have already sat exams. The admissions office of the college you are thinking of would have specific details.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Either talk to your admissions office for changing course within the college or re-apply through the CAO,
    If you have a chat witht he career guidance counciller he will be abelt o steer you in the right direction,
    Think the CAO might be your only option though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭domeara01

well i fell the same way and i cant change college this year but the thing is that i do not wanna do the same course so do i have to go through the cao or what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You'll probably end up having to pay fees for a year as you have wasted your 1st year fees. The fees are only wasted until the point you leave at so if you were to arrange something now you might be able to save a few quid on fees.

Advertisement