Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre Euro gift vouchers

Options
  • 30-12-2002 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

First off, not sure of this is the right place for this, bear with me

I found some old Virgin gift vouchers from LAST year lying in a box, but being bought in 2001 they are all valued in pounds. Just wondering if these are of any use, no mention of a date anywhere on them, just that they have to be used in the UK or Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

lol is this a personal issue for you?
    I'm sure you can use them, i had hmv vouchers that were in pounds that i used during the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I really don't feel capable of replying to this one.

Perhaps you should contact your GP or maybe a counselor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Boco

Oi :p

Its, an, erm...consumer rights issue, issues which I personaly take to hearth and lose sleep over :)

thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Of course you can use them. Why don't you just ring them up and ask? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

First of all, no, this is not the place to ask this.

Second, yes, they are still valid. They're vouchers, not money - it's like saying in Jan '02 "can I get a refund on a CD I bought in punt". They simply happen to be valued at the price they were sold for at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, just yesterday I found the exact same things that were Scottish I think.

Should work fine - just take them in and point out that they are worth more ;)

now... where to put this...

Advertisement