Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recording "copyright" videos via capture card

• 30-12-2002 7:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

ok small prob, with only bout 3 of my vids but ones i wanna put onto my HD...
    I just keep getting a white screen when im trying to record, i guess its copyright stuff, cause almost everything else records fine, just three vids (originals) and a documentary off TV ?

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Macrovision may be your enemy here. Simple solution may be to get one of those Macrovision-killing boxes that places like Maplin (and Peats I assume) sell and pop it in between the two pieces of equipment. May not be worth it if you're only capturing a few vids though

Wouldn't cause a problem with anything you've taped off the TV though so may well be something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im assuming it works fine if you try a non copyright video??
    Anyway not sure if this works but if you have a card with video in (obviously you have one) you can probably get software to remove the macrovision like "remote selector" does for DVD's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dj_deevey

well i guess thats problem solved then, the only TV vid that wouldnt capture was some Metallica documentary (which would make sense knowing Them Vs Copyright n all that) which i dont want anyway, everything else works fine apart from a few originals which i want a few clips off ... cheers all, guess i know what to get myself in the jan sales :D

Advertisement