Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iraq attack on Feb 21

Options
  • 30-12-2002 7:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Link to Article

According to this article in the Indian Times it seems a date for an invasion and conquering of Iraq has already been chosen and communicated to the US military..

Interesting tip or Just plain non-sense??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This rumour is doing the rounds all right - supposedly some of Dubya's favourite photographers are only free after Feb 18:rolleyes:

From the POV of the primaries/election in 2004 it would be a bit early - Daddy Bush started the last war around the same time in his term, it was over too early so people noticed he wasn't doing anything about domestic policy (neither is junior)

I'd be a little surprised (given that I expect the sabre-rattling to go on a little longer unless he finds somewhere else to bomb after) but I'm not going to say it's rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Doesn't the weather play a huge factor when this war happens ?

Apparently, the heat is a mjor problem after March and would inhibit any american advance through the desert.
    Also any chemical/biological attack is not good under the sun ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

Apparently US asked Turkey to decide for attack against Iraq by 1st January but that was postponed by Turkish government until 26th January when UN have it's report ready. I guess it is possible. Officials in Iraq already started to distributing food supplies to last for 3 months in case the war goes ahead and they are distributing further 2 months supply and stocking blood for hospitals. Most people seems to be getting ready for street war so if it does go ahead it I doubt it will be over as quick as the previous Gulf war. I know Saddam is no angel but there are still a lot of support for him in Iraq and if all this goes ahead I think US will just create another mess for themselves with the possible new terrorist groups arising. After all US has more haters than lovers in Middle East.

Hope I am wrong and all this thing will blow away and the war doesn't go ahead as I don't believe US reasons of attacking Iraq. Especially now the North Korea threw out the UN inspectors over the nuclear arms they are probably more of a treat than Saddam can be as they have a proven Nuclear capabilities, are they next I wonder? :rolleyes:

Well chances are remote but I wish you all Happy and Peaceful year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

According to the report, about 10,000 Iraqi Kurds have already gathered on the beaches of Bodrum, Izmir and Ayvalik to cross into Greece, from where they can easily reach the UK. Greek officials say another 100,000 are set to join the exodus if war begins, dwarfing the 92,000 asylum seekers who entered Britain last year.
    Why do they think every Iraqi refugee will head to Britain?
    Originally posted by gurramok
    Doesn't the weather play a huge factor when this war happens ? Apparently, the heat is a mjor problem after March and would inhibit any american advance through the desert.
    The Americans will fight as much as possible at night, when they have the greatest advantages and in any case, most of their armoured vehicles have excellent air conditioning (part of the NBC protection systems).
    Originally posted by gurramok
    Also any chemical/biological attack is not good under the sun !
    I imagine it varies a lot. 50 degrees (by day) and zero humidity will kill a lot of bacterial agents and evaporate chemical ones.

Advertisement