Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL caBLe

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by MDR
    You wouldn't exactly call it affordable would you ?

That wasn't the question, but its not a bad price for what you get. 512k up and down and a 20/1 contention ratio.

early days yet, and im sure that price will come down, but your right, the only reason i haven't got it yet is the price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Boston
    Im in north dublin and i can get leap broadband.

where are ya boston?

Im not far from the Irish financial centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

a sure thats practically south dublin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

I would have said that was City Centre rather than North Dublin,
    then again ... what do I know about geography ... :D

• Advertisement

dublin 3 is definitely north dublin, dublin 1 might be considered dublin city centre, anyway they didnt think they did dublin 3 either untill i got the lady to wipe out the maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Out of curiosity, what are ping times like, Boston? Say to UK game sites etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

He said he could get it, but did not get it, MM :)

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Out of curiosity, what are ping times like, Boston? Say to UK game sites etc.

Didn't get it, too expensive, but i was talking to devore at one of the board bashes awhile back, and he said he gets great pings.
    Anyway, If they realesed a 256k product with 50:1 contention ratios, it would well undercut esat and eircoms products, dont know why they havent

Advertisement