Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Repairs

• 30-12-2002 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Does anybody know places in Dublin (pref Northside or city centre) that repairs PS2's?

Thanks
    Buzz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

crowd called Multitech used to repair my Amiga 500 for me, afaik they're still there on Parnell street, coupla doors down from Peats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

would that be an IBM PS2 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

OK.

As you mentioned that store, i will relate a story i heard.
    (I dont like when 1 business runs down another, but then you dont want to be stiffed either!)

I had a broken ps2 and brought it to a shop in talbot st, under the bridge .. i cant remember the name at the moment (it was game..something) and they have a web site. They fix ps2's even if you didnt buy them there.
    When i was booking in my ps2 to be repaired, the bloke at the counter told me a story about multitech

Apparantly a punter brough his broken ps2 to Multitech, who charged a set fee to see if the thing was repairable. When he came back, they told him sorry, its dead, thanks very much.
    The punter wanted another opinon tho', and brought it to the talbot st shop, where they fixed it easily. The worst thing was, acording to this bloke, the warranty seal hadnt been broken.
    (IE They never even bothered opening it.)

I just mention it, cause as a fellow consumer, i thought you might want to know that. (I have no affiliation with either shop.)

As for the shop on talbot st, they successfully fixed my ps2, but the customer service was terrible, they set a false expectaion for how long the repair would take, and then got ratty when i called up everyday to say 'is it ready now?'
    PS they charged me €100 to repair my machine, and i got a feeling it was a standard fee, regardless of the fault.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

I not sure how it works with the PS2 but I assume its the same as it was for the PS1.

If you brought the machine to an authorised dealer, someone with a sony account, along with all the peripherals (joypads, cables), you could buy a refurn machine.

An repair docket was sent to sony with serials no.'s and then a refurb was sent back to the dealer. This cost around £60 punts but you were left with basically a new machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

I brought my PS1to my local computer shop.
    They sent it off to Sony repairs centre or somehintg. They charged a flat fee. (£50 i think it was).
    Apparently my ps1 wasnt repairable, they did however give me a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Buzz_Irl

Thanks for the help everybody

I found multitech through peats - the guy asked me what was wrong and when i explained he said it sounded like the lazer and there was probably nothing he could do but he gave me the 25 euro offer

It seems that all PS2 repairs must happen in the uk and they seem to have a "standard" repair cost of around 100 euro - the guy in Dixons repair centre was very helpful

This Ps2 was bough 2 years ago and it seems the spec must have changed slightly as all older games will play but when we tried the new james bond game the PS2 had problems loading, as it had with stuntman

We are just about getting by

Buzz

Advertisement