Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice City Pc Release

Options
  • 30-12-2002 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Has a date of sale been released for the pc version of this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think it is exclusive to the playstation ... ie no PC release.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Bugger them all with a large turnip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I heard it was getting onto the PC next chrimbo somewhere, cant remember where tho 0_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

21st of febuary last time i checked.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by KdjaC
    21st of febuary last time i checked.

kdjac
    Wednesday - December 18, 2002 <3:30 AM CST>
    <Top>
    Vice City For PC Confirmed! <3:30 AM CST - schu>
    Take2 held is it's Q4 2002 software earnings conference call yesterday. During the call Take2 confirmed that a PC version of ViceCity is in development and will be released during the second half of the 2003 fiscal year (May - October 2003). Vice City PC is not mentioned in the associated press release, but after listening to the conference call I can assure that it was mentioned during the meeting. You can also see it mentioned in the NASDAQ report, on GameSpot and on GameSpy. Thanks to Hultenius, illspirit, JL2001, Mark K, IdeoPraxist, 027, Bryce, Travie Yak, Eldonb, and Raoul.

Taken from Gouranga.

Where you got February from is a mystery :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

beat me to it celt:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Bugger them all with a large turnip.
    Jesus thats funny I'll have to remember that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well, that's good news :)

Pity its so far away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

did anyone play vice city on the player yet?

I'm pretty disapointed with the graphics. Nothing new in the gameplay except being able to get onto motorbikes. The graphics have more glare in them ?? which I for one dont like, especially the sun setting glare. FFS, why did they make it glare so much ?

Thumbs down to this game, I want my €60 back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

vice city is a class game but the sun glare sucks at time
    it blocks your view completely at times, but i think the new soundtrack is cool -
    and vice city is a lot bigger than liberty city plus i think the missions are harder and theres some new vehciles ( the new bikes r cool ) and the addition of side missions is an added bonus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

I got it with my ps2 this year, tbh not happy. Same old, steal cars do missions. Its gotten boring, for me at least. That glare is annoying and i can't say i like the soundtrack much either.

Bikes are good tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I wonder will they do a better port than the last pc version the frame rates were very bad. Be nice to see them do it properlly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i got fine frame rates on my p3 500 + gt2mx. quite similar to the frame rate in vice city on the ps2 actually. as for that motion blur, yeuuch but it does really help any frame skip when things get hectic.
    does anyone think there are less people on the sidewalks in vice city that gta3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

na there's more I think.

the motion blur is another annoyance. Imo its worse in vice city than gta3. Also, the car view while driving is much lower down :mad: The view was higher in gta3 and easier to see what is coming up ahead when at speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by ando
    na there's more I think.

the motion blur is another annoyance. Imo its worse in vice city than gta3. Also, the car view while driving is much lower down :mad: The view was higher in gta3 and easier to see what is coming up ahead when at speed
    jesus all this whining about the glare - turn off Trails, it makes you get better fps as well as getting rid of the glare.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

They mean the blurring on the PS2 :)
    Which is just a way of covering up the hardware's limitations.

It's expensive to port stuff across to the PC from the PS2 and vice versa cos teh architecture designs are totally different -almost polar opposites of each other.

If they were to port VC I'd want them to do it from scratch or not at all. The last game was good startign out but went downhill lag wise after it had been played for a while.
    Dodgey caching/memory leaks prehaps?
    Even so, a decent patch would've fixed that up.
    Another case of teh publishers rushing the developers tbh :)
    Not like id's "It's done when it's done" attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

YEah i wish more game developers were like that. Im looking foward to doom 2 but in no hurry.

A lot of EA`s games dont need patches they uasually wait before releasing their games.

Advertisement