Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT/K.Lillington:Communications must be Minister Ahern's keyword

Options
  • 30-12-2002 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

In todays Irish Times Karlin Lillington tells Dermot of her wish list for 2003. It concerns the importance of the C in the DCMNR, the Department's online discussion forum, information about the Department's standing with regards to the metropolitan fibre ring, the digital hub plans, input from younger and smaller companies into the industry advisory board, and the importance of making the wireless spectrum available.

From her intro of the article: ".... The Department has proven itself pretty reticent to take advantage of the fact that broadband has actually become a generally-understood business issue and is no longer seen as just a tech industry obsession. With lobby groups such as Ireland-Offline and Eircomtribunal.com, life has been kindled in a broader public debate on the telecommunications issue as well. But none of this is being used to advantage by the Department to lever these issues onto the mainstream Government agenda and to shape a national economic and social vision...."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Ah good ould* Karlin :]

She really understands all the issues. If only there were more like her.

*I mean that in the nicest possible way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Great to see ET get a mention in the mainstream media. Yaay Karlin.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and Jamie has been given a book to read for the holiday on how to re-edit a press release in the first person......

M

and Jamie has been given a book to read for the holiday on how to re-edit a press release in the first person......

Before JMCC gets there: Aren't ENN doing courses on that now?

(sorry jamie, and enn)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by PiE
    If only there were more like her.

Looking for a date are we:)

Nice writeup from Karlin - aware of the issues and not, er, reticent to write about them in public. Nice to get a mention for IOFFL and eircomtribunal in there too.

(no mention on the blog but then you can't have everything)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sceptre
    Looking for a date are we:)

Blast! My evil scheme; foiled! ;]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by dahamsta

Before JMCC gets there: Aren't ENN doing courses on that now?

The thought never entered my mind Adam. :) Besides isn't this supposed to be the season of good will?

Interesting tangent - webireland.com was nicked by a cybersquatter a few weeks ago. I guess ENN's features 'editor' won't be returning to that fold.

Regards...jmcc
    (busy indexing 5.6 Million European com/net/org domains of which about 70K are Irish. Great to be living in the technological third world because of those politicians and Eircom.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Congrats to ET for making the papers at long last :)

I think im beginning to fancy karlin, looks like i have competion with pie tho ...

Dusty, we all fancy Karlin. How could you not have noticed? :)

Poor Karlin. Not a norm amongst us.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Karlin has definetly got my respect. I read her blog through my news aggregator daily now. Its a very good wishlist too. Maybe we should all send ours to the government too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

so the general wish in here is that yáll wanna B Karlins bEEtch

anything else for the new year ?

No, that just about sums it up Muck.

Oh and I wouldnt mind some of that broadband internet stuff either.

Advertisement