Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IrishWISP?

• 31-12-2002 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a flyer through my door yesterday advertising a 49 euro per month always on 512k connection from the above company.

Anyone got any more infromation above what they have on their site www.irishwisp.net?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

There is a download/upload limit of 3 gigabytes per month but this is so large that you would have to be regularly downloading full-length movies to come close to exceeding it.

rofl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Hummm, don't fancy the 3gig cap too much either...

Ah, NTL... If only they'd upgrade another few miles to my door!
    What's the latency like on NTL cable?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Great value merc, ain't it :D
    WHy do all these companys impose a 3gig limit, thats stupid. :mad:
    There is a download/upload limit of 3 gigabytes per month but this is so large that you would have to be regularly downloading full-length movies to come close to exceeding it.
    rofl, I do download 3 gigs of stuff over 2 days, and its not vids..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Gyck

What's the latency like on NTL cable?
    On what IP?

• Advertisement

Say hitting gamespy servers using an eircom account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well I Have Irishbroad wireless, and i live in Leoprsstown so its pretty much the same area. There is no cap on the d/l limit.

Check out the site here Good stuff imo.

BTW 3gigs is a tiny cap, once you get broadband a limitless world is opened :)

What does the 'flat panel' relate to in the gen on their site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I am interested in getting Irish Broadband. I wonder if anyone ould tell me what they think of it?

What does the areiel look like?
    what is the service like?
    Can anyone recomend a good (well Cheap!:p ) eternet card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

the aeriel is a mesh antenna that looks pretty much like the MMDS ones you see on lots of peoples houses.

The panel bit in the gen info, refers to getting a panel antenna instead of the mesh disk one. It looks prettier and is smaller, thats about the only benefits.

You can get a cheap ethernet card for about 12 euro from maplin i think. Any old crap one will do, it's not like you'll be taxing it. I have a dodgy old ne2000 10mbit clone and it does the job fine.

quozl

• Advertisement

Originally posted by quozl
    the aeriel is a mesh antenna that looks pretty much like the MMDS ones you see on lots of peoples houses.

The panel bit in the gen info, refers to getting a panel antenna instead of the mesh disk one. It looks prettier and is smaller, thats about the only benefits.

You can get a cheap ethernet card for about 12 euro from maplin i think. Any old crap one will do, it's not like you'll be taxing it. I have a dodgy old ne2000 10mbit clone and it does the job fine.

quozl

Thanks,

Do you know how much the panel antenna are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

nope sorry. I'd guess about 40 euros extra, but that's a complete guess.
    Greg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Kappar
    Thanks,

Do you know how much the panel antenna are?

I dont think its offered by irish broadband, just a small enough mesh one, about the size of a mini dish

So, what kind of wiring do they do during the installation? I'm assuming that they connect a dish/antenna onto the house. Where do they stick the interface stuff? do they connect some cat 5 to a hard point in the house or can you redirect the feed later?

Ta.

Originally posted by Sangre
    I dont think its offered by irish broadband, just a small enough mesh one, about the size of a mini dish

It's listed on their website here:(http://www.irishbroadband.ie/residential.html)
    as an extra :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭martinikarl

This is Karl Martini, the Managing Director or Irish WISP. There is another board where people are discussing Irish WISP and I have been answering questions there. Is it possible we can move the discussion there to keep things simple?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member2.php?action=usub&threadid=75283

Regards,

Karl Martini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

it's increbily frustrating. I live off the Lower Drumcondra Road, 15 mins walk from city centre, and no NTL, no Esat BT ADSL and a download rate of 600 *bytes* - the oldest phone exchange in Dublin .

Fnargh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by hedgetrimmer
    I live off the Lower Drumcondra Road

The good news is that Bertie got one of them oul Fax machines recently. Ye'll be upgraded to 9600 any day now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

My God! You mean, I get something out of the government?

Well, ok, aside from my wages, but still...

Cheers Muck! :)

Advertisement