Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett Warrinity Returns

• 31-12-2002 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

I have a 2 month old WD Jb800 8mb Cache 80gig 7200 RPM hdd that I have bought from Komplett only 2 months ago, There is now a bad sectors on this disk shhould I send it back for exchange ?? Or will Komplett tell me to go back to WD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Prolly be faster to go direct to WD in any case - check the WD website for 'Returns' information (I know that Maxtor insists you download and run some programs to confirm that theres a problem as well as preliminary diagnostic software before you can return goods to them). If you contact Komplett about the problem they'll just end up getting you to mail them the HD and then go through the exact same process - you might as well just skip the step *shrug*.

Evac101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Bad sectors does not have to mean faulty drive.. if your just getting scandisk reporting bad sectors then fix the thing.. Unless its banging away its probably fine and more down to you not maintaining it right. like not running scandisk/defrag very often etc.

Advertisement