Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishwisp

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭martinikarl

CitySickness,

The boarders are deliberately left ambiguous because they are just that. If you live on the boarder we can do a LOS test. If it fails there is no charge. If you succeed we ask that you progress with the install there and then.

We are doing a LOS test on stradbrook rd very soon. If you give us your contact details (privately) we can do both at the same time.

There is no problem with MAC computers. You'll need the wireless to ethernet converter option which will cost an extra €100 on the install. You'll also need an ethernet card on your MAC.

Karl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by martinikarl
    CitySickness,

We are doing a LOS test on stradbrook rd very soon. If you give us your contact details (privately) we can do both at the same time.

There is no problem with MAC computers. You'll need the wireless to ethernet converter option which will cost an extra €100 on the install. You'll also need an ethernet card on your MAC.

Karl

Nice to see you cheerfully pimping and in good form again Karl.

The €100 euros you mentioned above would buy a lotnice banner ads here on Boards .....especially if you could do that Map of yours in Colour. I'm sure that a happy and contented Mac user wouldn't begrudge it to the community :D

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Nice to see you cheerfully pimping and in good form again Karl.

In fairness, he was just answering a question, he didn't just appear out of nowhere giving prices. As for the map, well lots of people weren't sure if they were covered, now I know I'm not, so he answered my question before I had a chance to ask ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Karl,
    What about Tallght, im in the part of Tallaght closest to Threerock(Old Bawn), have no problem seeing three rock and should be within range of transmitter, very hard to see if covered from coverage map.

There is no coverage in Tallaght, We've test and failed in Tallaght.
    Don't NTL cable do Tallaght?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

the great NTL myth, nope, one side of my road is covered for NTL cable internet, my side isnt, even tho salemen have called twice in the last month regarding it, but each time I ring up im given the same story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Sadly, that extra 100 nicker puts it out of my price range. *sigh*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I just deleted a post from this thread that was praising IrishWisp (nothing wrong with that) but it was also slagging of IBB in an unacceptible way.

It wont be tolerated a second time. It does neither Wisp nor IBB nor Karl any favours.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Feel what you like.

I dont mind Irishwisp being praised. I have a problem with being liable for a libel lawsuit for your freedom-to-whinge.

Start your own "I-hate-IBB.com" site if you want. Repost your "I love Irishwisp" post if you see fit.

I have no problem with people praising Wisp genuinely
    but by God if I prove some link between you and Wisp there'll be trouble and I mean *trouble*.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

/me pokes head up above the trenches....

"I think the shelling has stopped men....carry on"

Ive left only the bare minimum of posts from an argument on here (the rest is in the recylcle bin)

To the poster: If dev hasnt banned you, I see no need to ban you either. If , however i see another word on this you will be removed from the forum. Youve made your point.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dusty.

DeV.

This is the April flyer for Irish WISP if you are interested.

http://www.irishwisp.net/irish_wisp_flyer.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

This is the April flyer for Irish WISP if you are interested.

http://www.irishwisp.net/irish_wisp_flyer.htm

Any idea which cities / counties / states / countries they operate in?

zz..

Coverage.......click for map

http://www.irishwisp.net/map.html

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

do irish wireless providers get some sort of EU grant for setting up in the south side?:mad:

theres a big bunch of people up here in blanchardstown/coolmine/castleknock/clonsilla and probably alot of other non-south-places screaming for something like this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

come to cork

!!!!!!!!!!!!

baz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Karl,

The flyer is misleading in that it states 'Broadband for the masses', giving the impression its available everywhere, although I do except you are probabilyonly flyering areas which can get the service.

It might not be a bad idea to put on some fine print about available coverage, to cover yourself .... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Increase to 1mb:

We plan to raise it to 1mb when Eircom drop their prices to EUR 54 and is actually able to deliver it to customers in a rasonable time-frame.

Karl,
    Now that the €54 product has been released by Eircom, are you going to up the speed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

Hi Karl,

Is there a photo of the equipment that you need to install for the service?

I need to see if the property management company will be okay with it. They're anal about sat. dishes and the like.

Also on Stradbrook Rd. Looking forward to the LOS test!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Heh , any chance of coming to Galway , specifically the Salthill area?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ugreevy

DSLinabsentia,

I have it installed lookes like an old tv aerial about 1.5 metres high attached to the chimney.

They run a cable from the aerial to your pc.

hope this helps!

Ugo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭DSLinAbsentia

Thanks ugreevy,

So the pole extends 1.5 mtrs above the chimney, does it have like the whole antenna gig aswell? How can I do this in text.. hmmm....

|----
    |----
    ......|
    ......|
    ..Chimney
    goes
    here

Do ya get me?

email me at karl@irishwisp.net and I will send you pictures of the 2 antennas we use.

If you are fimiliar with the MMDS TV antennas that NTL use you will have an idea as to what they look like. Ours are almost exactly the same. They have a slightly different geometry to get maximum gain at 2.4 ghz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Any news about the speed upgrade?

No news on the speed upgrade. We are awaiting extra capacity so we can bump up the speed. We are also looking to release a new 256k product at a reduced price.

We are also looking to release a new 256k product at a reduced price.

*ray claps his hands with glee*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Karl any chance of this in Palmerstown soon? If not im going with Netsource (via) as they are available to me right now.

If you have a solution available to you right now, I would suggest you go with it. We don't have any immediate plans for the Palmerstwn area.

any further rollout plans at all Karl ?

• Advertisement

Ray,

For fear of being tarred with the 'vapour-ware' brush, I won't be announcing our expansion plans until we're absolutely sure.

Karl

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement