Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty 7650 ..advice ?

• 31-12-2002 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

I have a 7650 i bought a number of months ago, and there is a fair bit of dust accumilating under the screen (between the perspex bit and the actual screen , thus i cant clean it off ... should i return to the shop i bought it in or contact one of those Nokia service centers ??

Do you think it would be replaced or repaired ? I really dont want to be without the phone for weeks while the sort it out.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Since its a billed phone, you'll get a replacement phone.
    you should bring it back to the shop you got the contract off, as you signed the contract with them. part of the contract is that its their problem when there is something wrong on the phone, they're supposed to send it back to the manufacture..
    You should get it checked out, dust isn't part of a phone is it?

You're not happy with the product, the comsumer is always right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

It was sim free , bought from that telephone shop on Dawson street , do you still reckon i should go there ??

Only thing thats bothering me is that there is a few scratches on the screen , my fault ... im worried he might say something about that as a way of getting out of replacing it , if you know what i mean.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If you bought it sim free off that shop, you have a contract with them because you handed over the money, and they gave you your reciept..
    Your 1 year gaurantee.
    Don't let him back you off by saying its your fault because of a few scrtaches on the screen, the dust could not have gotten in there that way..
    You're not happy with what you bought off them and its your right for you to bring it to them and let them get it sorted,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Would that still count if the dust was water? dont think so.
    You put you phone into the position that it got full of dust.
    Not really a nokia fault.
    The exact problem happened to my friend, the people in the shop just laughed at him when he said it was a fault with the phone!!
    Bring it into a shop saying it keeps reezing and they will flash it for you, then also make them clean it!!!
    my same friend broght it into the same shop a week later to different staff an he now has a nice clean phone!!!
    Good luck!!

PS a small dab of toothpaste will sort scraps on the screen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Bring it to any Club Nokia Service Centre.

They will want to fix it as they get paid for it... and don't get paid if the phone is unrepairable or out of warranty.

So, they usually will fix them if they can.

V10;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

this has happened to every nokia phone I own. It hasnt started with my 6310i yet but I've had nokias for years and eventually dust or fluff gets into the case. Its not that noticable unless you make a point of actually looking for it so it doesnt really bother me. I suppose thats what happens when you put your phone in your pocket!?!

Advertisement