Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dont Forget Your Licence!

Options
  • 31-12-2002 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just a helpful (!) reminder that as of midnight you'll subject to a fine of not less than €80 and up to €800 if you're stopped without your licence....

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

oh yeah, completely forgot that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Its a pity i lost mine applying for a new one tomorow. also getting tax tomorow(02/01/03)

Went to the garda station they said it is fine me driving around with no tax and no licencse for a couple days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Yeah, just remembered today, didn't yesterday, and got quite worried when I saw the flashing blues at the side of the road - but they had pulled some hackney driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

how will they determine whether the fine is to be 80 or 800 yoyo's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭krinDar

80 Euro on the spot fine, 800 euro if it goes to court and results in a conviction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

just checked the wallet now and have it, compleatly forgot about it, should be fun to see all the new recruit from templemor on a power trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I drove about 270 miles today and not a single check point!

I was almost disapointed! ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    man that must be a killer on the arse.

I could'nt say, its been numb since about 1995!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Alrite yea. I better not get pulled over while i am waiting for my license.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I applied to renew my licence to South Dublin County Council (well their sodding Motor Taxation Office) on the 16th of December, and have heard nada back from them since.
    How long does it take them to re-issue a licence?
    One month now and counting........

Never renew anything in December! That said I'd phone them tomorrow, its proberly sitting in a pile of unprocessed material...

Mike.

Advertisement