Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keep hearing this song...who is it??

Options
  • 01-01-2003 6:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

I have heard this song several times on phantom, but have yet to find ouut who it is. Part of the problem, I think, is that being on the east coast of the states I miss a lot of the regular programs. Anyway some lyrics are"Laughing out loud on a midnight afternoon, what am I to do about you?"...also "times a healer of broken promises, crimes a ruler we all adore.."
    If someone could clue me in, I would really appreciate it. It's a great tune.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Hi,

The song is called "Midnight Afternoon" by a Dublin band called Serpico. They are still new, struggling, unsigned, but do the most amazing tracks. If there were any justice in the world . . .

Great to see our overseas listeners joining in here :)

I'm on tonight 11pm-1am Irish time (6pm to 8pm yours I think) and I'll give it a spin for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 madmanmoon

Thanks for letting me know, I'll certainly try to listen this evening if I can.
    But now I have another question. Why is a local band in Dublin named after a New York cop?
    I supppose it was a good flick....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Just a small correction the band are called

Seprico

not the commonly mistaken Serpico...
    amyway great band , great chaps, hopefully we'll see more of em in the new Year
    Look here for a small bit of info

http://www.gigsmartireland.com/seprico.htm

http://www.seprico.freewebspace.com/

All the best - trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jeranimo

Thank you very much for the compliments, it's good to hear.

Myself and Phil are playin an acoustic in Molloy's of Christ Church ( I think)........
    this Sunday 5th of Jan, If anyone is interrested.

Cheers
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

mad man moon-did u ever chat with that name in nme chat?

• Advertisement
Advertisement