Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esatbt dsl home package

Options
  • 01-01-2003 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

anymore info on this fltering through

shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Um...it launched 2 weeks ago.
    http://register.iol.ie/dsl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

anyone actually applied for this yet ,?

i did the "check for dsl in your area " test , and it gave me the " sorry but not available in your aera" msg , which is odd cause a few weeks ago i rang someone in esat and they ran the test on my line and said it passed... ?..she also said my exchange was enabled...strange .no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

has anyone actually got this, whats it like , i see its half the band width of the business package, does the 151 include the modem as well

Tell me more

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by shinzon
    has anyone actually got this, whats it like , i see its half the band width of the business package, does the 151 include the modem as well

Surprisingly ....no, considering it launched in the week before Christmas. You're usually waiting around a month for installation of DSL. As it says on the info page, the equipment is included so yes you get the modem, Ericsson AFAIK.

Tell me more

Ringing EsatBT sales would be an idea...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Dustaz this service is availble at several dublin exchanges, i can provide the names for you.

Not only can i get this service, I've had esat people ringing me offering it, where they got my name and number i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Name them please Boston, 'cos according to the site my exchange aint upgraded yet.

10 Dublin exhcanges

Nutley
    Crown Alley
    Beggars Bush
    North Main
    Dolphins Barn
    DunLaoghaire
    Ship Street
    Summerhill
    Tallaght
    Terenure

And just to make sure i t was correct i went to esats register site and put in afew phone numbers for areas i know. They all came up positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Boston

North Main

Hrmmm...

Not that I'm interested in buying DSL from the money-grabbing-duopoly, just nice to know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

it's half the 512Kb service for more than half the price. It's a complete rip off and yet again people are 'pleased' with this. It's no wonder the Irish get it up the arse from every company that comes in to provide a service(with the possible exception of UTVip).

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Boston
    Dustaz this service is availble at several dublin exchanges, i can provide the names for you.

er, did i say it wasnt? :/

Originally posted by Dustaz
    er, did i say it wasnt? :/

Yes,
    Outside Dublin

Esat DSL

Certain Areas of Cork, Limerick and Galway are DSL enabled. Esat supply dsl thru mostly unbundled lines. Prices are similar to Eircom but with no transfer cap.
    LIst of enabled exchanges
    Call 1800 924 924 for details
    Website

In the broadband sticky you have esat adsl clearly marked as being only availble outside dublin, and a link to a list of exchnages that is at least 4 months out of date.

Originally posted by LFCFan
    it's half the 512Kb service for more than half the price. It's a complete rip off and yet again people are 'pleased' with this.

....*sigh* This thread is not for you to moan about a product you don't even have. The guy started this thread to ask what the spec was and where it's available i'm sure, not for it to turn into another page of whining about the price a la many threads on IOFFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dustaz didn't actually say it wasn't available in Dublin... he just didn't say that it was available in Dublin.

:)

I'm disappointed to see that it isn't available anywhere near me (Donabate).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im kinda tempted to get this, or more likely the full 512 offer.
    Can someone remind me what the deal is with ISDN.
    Do ESAT need me to get eircom to remove the ISDN or would they do it for me with the instalation?

I tried ringing em but i dont think they back from holidays yet ;x

Afaik you handle that yourself, between you and eircom. charge of about 100 euros

okie, well ill make sure i get it in writing that they know that i want it for dsl so if they **** me about ill have proof or something :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

anyone know how to find out what your local exchange is?

Originally posted by Washout
    anyone know how to find out what your local exchange is?

YES! Surprisingly you have to ring Esat to see if your exchange is covered. Or go to register.iol.ie/dsl

B-K-dzr don't forget Eircom won't refund you the money for downgrading your ISDN line if it fails Esat's line test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

any update on the 'imminent' line test for those already with ISDN, such a machanism was due around now.

see what cherrio said in this thread Here but remember that cherrio was going for eircom adsl because it was available ..... it seems that the isdn was not a showstopper in the end

M

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Muck
    any update on the 'imminent' line test for those already with ISDN, such a machanism was due around now.

see what cherrio said in this thread Here but remember that cherrio was going for eircom adsl because it was available ..... it seems that the isdn was not a showstopper in the end

M

Get eircom to test your line, they can test isdn lines.

Yer etho, thats the only thing holding me back fro ordering right away.
    Im waiting on a reply from leap and ibb about their services. If i get a negative than esat will be rung.
    Ill try the eircom line test too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I'd order it today if I could, but apparently, the waterford GPO exchange is broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

what do you mean the waterford gpo exchange is broken.

just curious as im from waterford

shin

Advertisement