Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tristania

• 01-01-2003 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

I was in town over Christmas and I bought two Tristania albums "Beyond The Veil" and "World Of Glass".

I know that Morton left the band before "World Of Glass" and I want to know if people think the band was better with Morton or is better without him.

Personally, I didn't like his extreme vocals especially when Morton put on his Gollum-like (from LOTR) voice and I think Tristania have the chance to leave their mark on the music world

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

Tristania: Better without Morton Veland? 3 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh hell no! Morten basically WAS Tristania. He was the main song-writer in the band, and it really shows, because without him the band sound like every other shallow symphonic metal band out there... Weak guitars flooded over with washes of keyboard plonkery, and over-done female vox. Everything about it is just way over-done.

When Morten was in the band, there was subtlety. Great bass-lines, rather 'Fields Of The Nephilim' inspired guitars, fantastic deep vocals, much stranger, more experimental songs; Heretique, Opus Relinque...

World Of Glass just bored the hell out of me, really.

You should listen to Morten's new band 'Sirenia'.
    Much better, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

I think Morten's voice rules lol. Kinda like dani filth but less cheesy (if that makes any sense). Is world of glass any good? I recently got widow's weeds and beyond the veil, and I just can't stop listening to them. Syd, you should really check out Sirenia like angel says, seriously cool stuff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I must agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I wouldn't reconmend World Of Glass.
    It got very boring, very quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

I agree that World of Glass is inferior to Beyond The Veil (I have yet to hear Widow's Weeds or their early stuff) but the album has 3 songs that every fan should hear:

Deadlocked
    Selling Out
    World Of Glass

Top-class songs

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

• Advertisement
Advertisement