Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weddings?

• 23-12-2002 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Lets just say a band wanted to play a wedding, firstly how many songs would they have to play and what type of songs would they play?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i sing at weddings, and if you want to play at weddings as a band you're gonna be quite limited as most priests/churches wont let you play anything bar hymns. the most adventurous ive been allowed get in my local church was somewhere over the rainbow. the unitarian church has good leeway, but i dunno how you'd sort out all youre equipment.
    pm me if u want more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I would have assumed he/she meant at the reception, rather than the church, where its usually more as you said hymns or a sole harp player (as in the past three ive attended).

I'll see if I can copy this thread to Bands/Musicians.. might get one or two replies there as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

You play until the bar shuts normally, unless they have a DJ after you. 9ish onwards.

50s 60s 70 80s 90s

Its the usual pop favourites that you'd hear on the radio stations. Nothing controversial. Any pop songs that the majority will know and that the band can manage to sing reasonably well. You may be allowed to get more adventurous as the night progresses as everyone will be that much drunker.

You might need one or two songs especially for the bride and groom too. Ask them in advance that their song is. Pray its an easy one.

You'll probably get requests too and since its Ireland people will want to sing with you accompanying them. Bad idea ! This only encourages a plethora of drunk singer wannabes to sing. I think when **** like this goes on its normally the sign of a lazy band.

At a family bash before my father warned the band not to allow this, and if they did he would cut down their money for each singer they allowed up.

Its amazing that after 20 years some Aunts still don't know the 2nd verse of their favourite song.....

Advertisement