Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

other comedy shows

• 01-01-2003 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

so i'm interested to know if other seinfeld & curb fans share my tastes in other comedy shows.
    what other shows do you guys watch - i think all seinfeld fans love 'the larry sanders show' aswell. it is one of my favourites. jerry, kramer & george have all appeared in it a number of times.

not too many shows spring to mind that i would have to watch on a religious basis.

stand up comedians i love are eddie izzard, eddie murphy, chris rock & jeff green

i bought jerry's 'i'm telling you for the last time' stand up dvd recently on dvdboxoffice.com (multi-region dvd player required) - only cost me 12.90 euro including delivery. - it's brilliant. saw it a few years ago and recently stumbled across it on the net - never available in europe on dvd - but it is in u.s.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I love CYE and Larry Sanders too I used to watch Frasier but not anymore and the classics like Blackadder Father Ted Fawlty Towers Only Fools and Horses.
    As for stand up comedians Jack Dee can be good Eddie Izzard is hilarious also.

The Office is very funny also Brent's antics crack me up. Black Books was funny for the first season but there was a decline in the second.
    Writers Lineghan and Matthews looked over Sein eps before going ahead with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I got the Office on DVD (series 1) having not seen any of them before hand. I've seen eps 1-5 and they are hilaroius. This is definitley something that stands apart from the other stuff on TV atm. Brent is pretty such a sad indivdual- you dont know whether to laugh or feel pity for him. The ep where they cut and paste his head onto a pr0n star and email it around the office is a classic with Gareth leading the investigation!!

Somethings like "have I got news for you" or The Frank Skinner show are things I tend to find funny but apart from Curb, I dont wouldnt really make time to watch anything else on TV.

HIGNFU was much better with Deayton, Merson and Hislop ruined it constantly having a go at him, it became tiresome. I love the way Brent hangs around with Keenan just because Keenan looks up to him. :D

The sexual tension between Tim and Dawn is superbly underlined, and then there's Finchy him and Brent are so competitive and Brent laughs at everything he says.

Brent(to Jennifer Clarke) They're giving me a picture of you naked doggy style, the face on Keenan after he says that.:)

• Advertisement

Another good one with Gareth is when he comes back late to the Staff Training and the Coordinator asks him his ultimate fantasy... and he just blurps out 2 lesbos going at it...with him looking on!!

Thats a classic:D

Tim: "I can't believe I'm saying this but can I hear more from Gareth please"?

I finished off watchin ep 6 of s1 last night...

The discussion about what is a dwarf or a midget was just side splitting...and then Gareth breaks down when he finds out he'll lose his job

Yeah Gareth was like a big baby.:)

Did you see the second series last night on Net 2? the speech was hilarious and embarrasing.

Brent: "you know that bit I'll have men working under me well I'm not gay but I can honestly say I've never came across a little queer.".

The Comic relief dance matches that

PS: I'm assuming you don't go to the SPE anymore as Rchern and Viv have ruined it and everybody is at www.seinology.com. Thet are 2 of the most sadest people. :

• Advertisement

A friend of mine gave me a loan of The Office DVD series 1 the outakes are hilarious as well as the documentary. Somehow I don't think Mr Larry David and Seinfeld writers/producers would be as patient with Gervais as Steve Merchant was, btw he is a monster of a man makes an appearance in the second series.

In the documnetary, it all appears that Ricky Gervais is almost impossible to work with. It comes across that S. Merchant had to suffer the "genius"!!

Some of the outakes were very good... it seems like alot of it was adlib, when Brent just adds bits in here and there. That happenned in Seinfeld too :)

--
    In terms of other shows...
    I had never seen Becker before but saw an ep on the Plane coming home. I thought is was pretty funny actaully- is it still on TV here!?

Originally posted by smuckers
    Did you see the second series last night on Net 2? the speech was hilarious and embarrasing.

Brent: "you know that bit I'll have men working under me well I'm not gay but I can honestly say I've never came across a little queer.".

The Comic relief dance matches that

PS: I'm assuming you don't go to the SPE anymore as Rchern and Viv have ruined it and everybody is at www.seinology.com. Thet are 2 of the most sadest people. :

Acckkk!!!
    I didnt realise series 2 was being shown atm

--
    Re: SPE You assume right
    Its a head wrecker so I dont even bother anymore

Becker used to be shown on Net 2 its currently on Paramount, I've never seen a whole ep.

They were showing the second series on The BBC over Christmas but you've only missed the first ep out of the second series on Net 2.

I think the 2nd series will be coming out on dvd soon enough so maybe I'll wait and experience the same excitment wathcing raw first time around like with series 1 :)

BTW, there definitley not gonna be a 3rd series, but only special one offs from now on...

See here...http://breaking.tcm.ie/text/story.asp?j=3846704&p=384675x&n=3846792&x=

Advertisement