Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Hi Speed & CPS

Options
  • 01-01-2003 8:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if I'll have trouble switching to another provider immediately after upgrading to "Hi Speed"? There aren't any obscure terms that Eircom can draw on, are there?

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

the upgrade will mysteriously break any current CPS setup that you have on your existing analogue line....but it can be re-implemented within days.

You should ask Comreg what their position is before you upgrade. They need evidence if they are to stop the slamming that goes on along with ISDN upgrades, I use the phrase slamming advisedly ...it means an unwilling change of operator.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't have any CPS right now Muck. I need to know if there will be any contractual terms prohibiting me from changing operators /after/ I "upgrade" to "Hi Speed".

(I don't see any on the website, but that doesn't mean Eircom don't have them tucked away somewhere.)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

No. You can CPS on any PSTN or ISDN line. However Internet access calls are excluded from CPS for network reasons so there probably isn't a reason.

And if you upgrade/move, the CPS is carried over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

If you have or are thinking about Moving to another carrier

Its not an issue just call the company that you are moving to and advise them that you want move 2 ISDN channels give them the numbers sign the CPS form and after 10 days all traffic will be ported to the new carrier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

Just make sure that you give them the main number not the other one

• Advertisement
Advertisement