Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone with pin

Options
  • 01-01-2003 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

i`m trying to find out whether it is possible to get a land line phonet that you have to enter a pin before you can dial out tried looking round on the net but no luck so far.
    Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

....and not the fone. it is implemented on a limited basis in Ireland for some premium numbers.

use the contact form on Comreg to find out their position on it. It should come under the cost control section of the Universal Service Obligation on Eircom

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sayyy what? all i was on about is a phone where you must enter a pin on the actual unit before it will give you a dial tone i needs to block all outside line acess to persons without the pin

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Muck
    ....and not the fone. it is implemented on a limited basis in Ireland for some premium numbers.

use the contact form on Comreg to find out their position on it. It should come under the cost control section of the Universal Service Obligation on Eircom

M

LMAO!! Jesus, what did eircom do to you today Muck? You must have them on the brain :p

I can wait for the next Lidl special and buy a fone for €10, then I can plug it into a standard €ircon phone socket.

This would go some of the way towards explaining the difficulty Danny has in finding the groovy PIN protected phone he so desires.

You could alway try to configure a line powered least cost dialer unit (autodialer) to do the dtmf trapping for you. There are stacks around since the introduction of CPS, does anyone in here have a spare one and a programing unit, could be a nice earner.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

2 options and 1 major problem....

Option 1: Only keep one phone in the house and lock it in a safe... No one can ring u thou ;)

Option 2: Get a phone that requires you to dial for an outside line there by u can set it to a 4 digit number or something...

Major Problem: Whats to stop someone just getting their hands on a phone and plugging it into the wall socket ??

• Advertisement

Option 2 would be fine as they only need to secure the handset, they wall socket is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

u can get a service from eircom where u have to enter a number to dial out...

the use of this is so that each person has their own PIN and so you can track who is making what calls and how much of the phone bill they are costing u

yeah i looked into that stan and its not really what i need all you have to do is put in a 01, 02 , 03 etc before you dial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Call tracking its not secure but its brilliant if you live in a shared house hold and people are honest

call 1901 to get it set up

then you press 1740 01 then number and then on the bill it show up as each user and saves you a lot of time when the bill comes out

and the existence of call tracking proves that fully pin protected outside line access is not a technological problem in this day and age. So why can't we all have it?

M

• Advertisement
Advertisement