Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java, Flash maby Cookies?

Options
  • 01-01-2003 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi,

Looks like I need some help again and I'm not sure how to explaine what I need but here goes.
    Used to be when I loaded the http://www.u.tv/ page there was 2 mice at the top of the page,
    one for NI and one for UTVip and I was able to click on the UTVip one to show the new offering
    from UTVip of 150hours OP/PM etc. But now all I see in both places are the words 'Action Cancelled' in
    2 white boxes. This also happens when I open some other pages on the www so I'm not sure if its Flash,
    Java, cookies or whatever? Did I turn off or delete anything I should not have?

Thanks in advance,

OHP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Both scary mice are done in Flash (the NI one looks a little more determined at that:))

Might be worth grabbing the Flash player again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Hi sceptre,

tyvm for the info and the download link. I downloaded it and installed it and reset my computer but it still wont work. Would it be possible I have disabled it in some way? And if so how do I go about re-enableing it.

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm sure it's possible (though off-hand I don't know how one would go about disabling it (hence I'm not sure how to re-enable it:)))

You haven't installed a firewall lately? I know Norton internet security (for example) has an option to disable Flash, though it isn't set that way by default.

I assumed you were using IE as a browser btw - if you're using something else you'll need to grab a Flash plugin for that browser.

(that's probably all my semi-helpful input btw)

Well I have tried everything I know (which is not a lot tbh) heh I think I'll just live with it it aint all that annoying :)

thanks for the help,

OHP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

twould help to know the browser version you are using

in any case you can try setting your internet explorer settings to DEFAULT. this may rejig something that you inadvertadly [sp] turned off

• Advertisement

Hi Gone Shootin,

Ok I have IE 6 (not sure about the SP1 bit) but I have tried resetting it to the Default Settings several times and I honestly do not understand what [sp] means? Im a bit of a feather head at all this stuff so I'm just going to quit while I can still see 98% of a page :)

OHP

Advertisement