Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Members Pages Functionality

• 02-01-2003 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

My members pages area doesn't wanna let me in :(
    is that functionality broken or has it been deliberately disabled ... or am I doing something wrong ?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭MDR

Error
    Username not found in the database

Please press 'back' and fix the problem.

my username is MDR

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Regi and Cloud have moved it over to the new server and we'll be joining the rest of it when we get the backups sorted out.

Until then its not going to work properly.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Mine works ok - try lowercase mdr - it took me a while to figure that one out

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭MDR

no fluffing way ... it works !

:D

Thx Bio ....

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My apologies, Regi says its all ok again... which goes to show how up to date on topical issues I am...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

ever thought about making the members web space bigger?

Like giving people the chance to apply for more space. I know a lot of boards users dont use it at all but the ones that use it a lot letting them appaly for 5 megs.

Then you guys granting or not granting it depending on weather you like them or not. Or have the space to spare. I know i dont know what kinda servers u guys got up there and my sugestion may not be possiable at all. Even if the user had to pay a few bob. It may be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I haven't used mine yet but they give 2Mb and with 11294 users that's 22.588 Gb. I don't suppose it would hurt to give 5 Mb each :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

its more than just diskspace to think about. There is bandwidth as well which is much more precious than any diskspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah fair point about the number of users thats why i sugested limiting it to people who request more space. Of those 11 thousand users there may be 10 thousand who dont even know they have web space on boards and perhaps only have of those that do could use more space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Those who asked for extra space could perhaps be "charged" by having ads placed on it.

Jesus thats a great idea by me for Devore and the admins.

Surely a mod job due soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

adverts are already on the member pages..well, not so much ads, are big boards.ie link banner logo things yokeys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

2 meg is quite small but really it should be ok unless you thinking of making a serious website that should contain loads of info.#

It will do me. must make myself a webpage again :)

Advertisement