Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus... again :(

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I was on just free Sky Digital Channels for a year and we wanted to add just Discovery, Animal planet type stuff.

Chorus said the cheapest I could get was €38.38. (Digital MMDS).

Sky turned my card back on in 5 minutes for about €22 Euro. At Christmas I unpraded to full family pack (200Chs?) for about €26.

UTV is very similar these days to TV3 (It's not like when I came to Limerick from UK in 1983 and only had RTE1 and 2).

Even people in UK hardly watch "five". Compared with when C4 first started (I was in UK) I would hardly watch it. So it is hard to see how Chorus's poor service can servive against the cheaper better service from SKY.

Also when you cancel Chorus you only have the Aerial TV channels and when you cancell Sky (any month notice after first year) you still have 50+ Radio and about 10 or so decent TV out of 50 odd Free TV channels.

So I got a 2nd Digibox now out of money I saved not having Chorus... I may cancel Sky sub for a while if the Pay TV channels have too much repeats and then connect again in six months..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Just got a reply from ComReg regarding my complaint about Chorus... they are looking into it, :confused:

Dear Mr xxxxxx

I refer to your email below of 4th January 2003.

The Commission is currently looking into the matter and will reply to
    you directly in due course.

Best Regards,

Paul Brennan
    Consumer Management

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

me too i got the same reply as you got word for word. wonder what theyll do about probobaly making up their mind as to if they really have the power to sanction chorus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

rang up chorus yesterday looking for my 10% rebate on my bill and was told as chorus was no longer a monopoly that agreement no longer applied to them . i said so ure gonna ignore that decision by the regulator. she said they were no longer regulated. then changed to that they were only regulated on price. after a long "discussion" i asked for her supervisor she went to him and came back with the same thing. said she had people on looking for the same thing but the odtr letter was not relevant to them. to cut a long story short basically she was trying to get me off the line and told me that i was given an answer and that was it. bottom line as far as chorus is concerned is that odtr 01/84 is null and void as they are not a monopoly any more. would have got more joy out of talking to a brick wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and you told Comreg the details, names , time of calls etc. etc.

I'm sure they would be delighted to hear that they are now totally irrelevant...according to Chorus, as irrelevant as their customers have always been.

• Advertisement
Advertisement