Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours French

Options
  • 02-01-2003 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

I have just been forced to take up honours french from pass french so I thought I'd give it a shot, and I'll drop down to pass near the end if I'm worried.
    Basically I want to try and get a B1 in it just incase, can anyone give me any good ways to get better at french :)
    Any help would be appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get a girlfriend who's good at french (no, seriously) and practice with her. Bumped my grade from a D2 to a C1 at Easter in 6th year :D

Failing that, find someone who's good at speaking french and who you're not embarrassed practicing with, and talk with them in french as much as you can. You'd be surprised how easy the whole thing becomes when your oral skills improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by seamus
    Get a girlfriend who's good at french (no, seriously) and practice with her. Bumped my grade from a D2 to a C1 at Easter in 6th year :D

Failing that, find someone who's good at speaking french and who you're not embarrassed practicing with, and talk with them in french as much as you can. You'd be surprised how easy the whole thing becomes when your oral skills improve.

Yeap, agree with seamus, for my French oral a friend and I spent the whole two days before the thing practicing. Just make sure you practice with someone good/motivated so they'll actually correct you on your mistakes. Pronounciation is really important for aural so talking with a friend can really help you out there.

Getting a B1 in French would require a fair bit of work if you aren't already good at French, can be done but rather you than me :cool:

Advertisement