Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any experience with Cinergy?

Options
  • 02-01-2003 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    A friend of mine heartily recommended an alternative to Eircom(which is a prime example of avarice from what i can tell), i'm thinking of getting my family to switch over to Cinergy(who seems determined to give Eircom quite a run for their money) http://www.cheaperphonebills.net/ . I'm cautious when dealing with companies where too little is known about them... anyone have any sort of experiences with Cinergy i could hear?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

A friend of mine heartily recommended an alternative to Eircom

That friend of yours will be 3% of what ever your phonebill comes to richer (every month), if you do change :D

http://www.cheaperphonebills.net/spreadtheword.html

Sounds rather good, the telecom aswell as the "spread the word" thing. I like the way they put eircom down about their prices, where ever possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭highlight

they're a reseller for Worldcom. AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Multi Level Marketing - offer a DID type "double the difference" price guarantee over eircom.......pay sign up fee and a % of the bill.

okish at best.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I was on Cinergi for about a year before utvip came along !

They are cheaper than eircon for peak calls(10% ?) if memory is correct and alot cheaper for uk/international calls.
    Rates have changed i believe since i moved but had no billing problems with them, they are an ok crowd based in dun laoghaire afaik, no messing around :)

The statements they send out every month are quite amusing in the genuine sense, they say exactly how much u save over eircon even taking into account any discount schemes which bring a smile to your face :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I worked for an used Cinergy for a while and yes I would recommend them. The savings on your phone bill are pretty good, but there is so much competition out there now I've no idea if theyare still the most competitive...

Anyway, when I was working fo them I signed up a few people. Soon after I got a proper job so never did any more, however I still get monthly cheques from them for ~€10. I kinda wish I had kep with them as I would be getting monthly cheques of €000's even after I stopped working.

It was actually me to put together www.cheaperphonebills.net but never maintained the site so its gone now.

Anyway, yes theya re a very well organised compny and I couldn't really fault them, so give them a go....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭McSim

okish at best..... is the most appropriate definition for Cinergi.

What I don't like about them:
    1. Quality of dialling international destination. Sometimes after I dial the number line just go silent and regardless I put phone on hook and even disconnect it from the line for a few minutes DIAL tone doesn't come back for 15-30 min. Just have to wait until I can use phone again. Repeatable some days. Never happened before with Eircom.

2. No savings comparing to eircom when dialling UK non-regional numbers. Not easy to figure out this fact from Cinergi advertisements.

4. They are following Eircom options Bronze, Silver, Gold but not the International and International select.

5. The Cinergi bill says in bold "you saved X on this bill comparing to Eircom". But AFAIK comparison is done with Eircom _standard_ rate. I would like to see comparison to the appropriate Eircom option.

6. The savings on Cinergi "options" are given on the bill as total amount without any explanations. Eircom approach was much more convenient.

7. The Cinergi send you a bill month later (bill for September in early November).

In general: the amount of money paid to Eircom on International Select option and to the Cinergi for me is almost the same, the Cinergi is cheaper _a_bit_(2-3% for me, but I am probably have specific call pattern).
    _Do_not_ expect 20-30%.
    IMHO not worth the hassle to switch over.

I am not working for the Eircom neither have any other connection with it.

Advertisement