Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNK.... not dead, yeay

Options
  • 14-06-2000 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

They completely changed their minds on the move to sell only in japan. The sales of the outragously expensive metal slug 3 have soared seemingly and they've decided to keep the MVS arcade and home console business going. The neo geo pocket is still dead in europe tho , but the MVS system was the only thing i was worried about dying. The KOF team are staying on and work continues on King of Fighters millenium.
    Good news this smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

They're still gonna be outrageously expensive and niche tho smile.gif

And with KoF'99 on the DreamCast, and KoF Millenium being ported there as soon as it's ready..... You gotta wonder why they bother with the home system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Its not the same, i've been a huge fan of kof for ages. I like the DC port , but it just wasnt the same, they gave it all 3D backgrounds and i dunno , it kinda detracted from the game , looked kinda weird in comparison to the anime backs i'm used to.
    DC's KOF evolution had some different characters altho christ knows why , they dumped kim hwong and put in some absolutely ****e characters from kof'94.
    I'm getting myself a neo geo CD system , the games are out there for pennies and you can download the ISO's anyway and they work without modding on the system. Only problem is , its single speed and its supposed to take a year or 2 to load!
    But its an investment.

Advertisement