Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography Night Course

• 02-01-2003 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to do a night course in Photography in Cork somewhere.

The only place I can find is the college of comm but they hold it on wednesday nights which isn't the best night for me.

Could anyone tell me of any other places in cork to do night courses please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

If you mean the Adult Education courses, without a qualification out of it, Ashton School, Ballincollig Community School.............nearly all areas of the city run Photography courses. For a more formal course try Scoil Stiopháin Naofa on the Tramore road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Adult Ed courses for spring will be enrolling soon so you'll definately get a photography course in one of the community schools around Cork. I did a night course in Carrigaline Community school a few years back, very good. If you're looking for something advanced I'd enquire about the course content before you enroll... the Adult Ed course was basic enough as they had to try to cater for all skill levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

The Crawford College of Art & Design

http://www.nightcourses.com

The Crawford College of Art & Design do photography night classes.

College of Commerce

Douglas Community College

Douglas Community College 021-4294208, have classes on Tuesday evenings

St John's College

You can get classes at St John's College, but i think it is a full time course

Ashton School

Ashton School organize evening courses that last 10 weeks

Carrigaline

I think Carrigaline do one too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think Stiopháin Naofa on the Tramore road have one starting soon. I've heard the guy running it knows what he's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Ashton don't seem to be running this course this year. Can you post any information you might have got ao any of the other courses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Carrigaline don't seem to be doing one either but Ashton is the only place doing an Astronomy course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

Anyone hear any feedback on the photography course in Ballincollig Community School ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Originally posted by corkviewer
    Anyone hear any feedback on the photography course in Ballincollig Community School ?

As far as I know they're not doing it. I got a brochure thingy in the post from them and it didn't mention a photography course, it's a pity cos it would have been closest for me to go to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

I correct myself above,

I rechecked the Ballincollig brochure and the photography course is on Thursday nights 7:30 - 9:30

I enrolled for the one in College of Com last night too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

Let me know how it goes flyz. Am keen on doing a course in September - am planning to purchase a digital camera between now and then

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement