Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oh woe is me, puter is dead, again

• 02-01-2003 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

Right, first, Audigy card is fecked, but its headed back

second, i was getting random reboots, system was freezing, everything was going mad. the problem was my card, MSI GF4 TI4400.

has anyone else got this? Has anyone found a way around it. The MSI guys say to get a bigger PSU (mines 300w)

any suggestions? Im going bloody mad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

get out of the loop :)

http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=64

hopefully its that :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Well, its telling me what the problem is, not how to solve it.

Unfortunately i dont have the resources of the VIA Arena team

Thanks anyway.

Bloody thing wont even reinstall now, feckin computers, im gettin an abacus for my birthday:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

its about 6 pages long and has tonnes of possible answers.

if you have those symptoms you should start trying those fixes.

kdjac

well, i have my PC back working again.

ive been trying them all day. Unfortunately ive had to format, reinstall, and im going to have to get a new PSU, mine(300w) not being strong enough for all my stuff (2 40gb's, DVD, Burner, NIC, 512 ddr, the GF4, Audigy)

Oh well, these are the dangers of computing, **** happens and all that, its just these problems always happen at a very inappropriate moment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

what OS are you using? It could definitely be the PSU, although was it always like that?

• Advertisement

No it wasnt always like that. When i first got all my gear, it was stable as a rock. Then i decided a system upgrade was in order. So i flashed the BIOS, formatted the drive, then slapped it all back together (hell i even used an old rage 2c as the AGP when i was flashing the BIOS)

Then, the Audigy died. That old chestnut that everyone is getting, the bloody thing got flashed when i was reinstalling it on win2k. So anyway, i got it working, i just had windows look for a suitable driver, which it found.

Things were still lovely.

I suppose the problems started when i threw in an extra hard drive, an old one. Three weeks ago i replaced it with a new 40gb (now have two 40's)

It most likely is the PSU is too weak for it.
    The Full system running with everything is mentioned above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

try taking everything that ISNT needed out and if that fixes the problem... bobs your uncle

Advertisement