Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your Rent? (2003)

• 02-01-2003 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,451 ✭✭✭✭

How much rent do you pay (per person, per month, excluding utility bills)?

How much rent do you pay? 172 votes

Under €200 per month
    0% 0 votes
    €200-299 per month
    4% 8 votes
    €300-399 per month
    14% 25 votes
    €400-499 per month
    12% 22 votes
    €500-749 per month
    14% 25 votes
    More than €750 per month
    16% 29 votes
    I have my rent paid for me
    13% 24 votes
    I live with family / friends / a partner
    0% 1 vote
    I/we have a mortgage or I/we own a residence
    10% 18 votes
    I don’t live in a conventional residence
    11% 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Jesus Victor, you're like a nutter posting ****e just to keep the Accommodation board alive. Why does being a mod mean so much to you? With any luck this board will be nuked in the next cleanup!

I mean when it comes to the stage when you have to make every thread a sticky to keep it from disappearing its time to call it a day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

wasn't this done before?

victor, rehashing old stuff... tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I have to agree Victor. Let it go man, just let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

i agree with the above!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Oh btw I pay over €750 for my accomodation per month. Damn parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I agree with below.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Leave the chap alone will yeas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,451 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by azezil
    wasn't this done before?
    Yes it was. I restarted it for the new year (rents go up, ye know).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pay €250 a month here in waterford
    dam nice house, have to pay teh bills seperate

But its worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

lol im still the only one paying below 200!

its actually only 133 and thats because it went up after one lad moved out :)

lowest student house rent in ireland? methinks so....

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Umm, i pay about 300 euro and I live at home with parent.
    No optiion for that so i voted the 200-300 rent option :):)

Originally posted by gurramok
    Umm, i pay about 300 euro and I live at home with parent.
    No optiion for that so i voted the 200-300 rent option :):)
    Options edited (200-300 changed to 200-299). No votes changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jeez, i never realised i had it so good. €180 per month for an ensuite room with small office in new dormer (top to myself). Share with 2 others. Mind you it's in Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I live in the city centre in something no bigger than the average office. its 1 bed and costs 860 euro a month. I've been living there 3 years and haven't seen my lanlord since the day I signed the lease. On top of that there is a press in my bedroom with a 4 and 1/2" waste pipe running through it and it leaks every few months. When the person upstairs takes a Sh**e I can hear the water running down the pipe.....lovely.Can someone tell me if this is against health and safety law. The pipe isn't covered in-I thought waste pipes were supposed to be external???

Originally posted by bug
    On top of that there is a press in my bedroom with a 4 and 1/2" waste pipe running through it and it leaks every few months. When the person upstairs takes a Sh**e I can hear the water running down the pipe.....lovely.Can someone tell me if this is against health and safety law. The pipe isn't covered in-I thought waste pipes were supposed to be external???
    The leak is a problem alright, you are within your rights to ask the landlord to sort it. The risk is it might remind him to raise the rent. If he refuses, write to him insisting that it be done. If he again refuses write to him saying you will have the work done and deduct it from the rent.

It is usual to have these pipes internal for aestethic reasons. Planning permission will almost insist on this and there are no rules against it.

It should however be boxed in to protect it from damage and reduce noise (using mineral wool insulation). Is there any risk that you did the damage yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Thanks for that-I imagine that there were problems with it before I moved in and that's why the cladding etc has been removed. In any case I don't care anymore because I'm moving back to Mammies:) ,unfortunatley! I'm sick of having no money!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Synkronite

Ill be going to Sweden to study next year- accomodation is oncampus and costs 300euro per month which includes an ensuite room, electricity, heating, 10Mbps internet connection, a little wash basin kind of sink, it's quite small but very comfy.

In Ireland the 10Mbps internet connection alone would be more expensive than the room in Sweden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Moving into an apartment beside the Four Courts next week.

Rent is €550 per month.

I'll be poor but happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

2 bed flat (brand new refurbished), Wellington Road, Cork

€990 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

2 bedbroom apt. in Blackrock Haggled down to 900 Eur a month from 1200, includes Parking n Free Cable, spacious bedrooms, can't complain....typical though a week after moving out I get offered a house up the road for free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Synkronite
    In Ireland the 10Mbps internet connection alone would be more expensive than the room in Sweden.

Yeah you'd have to take out a mortgage for the connection :D

3 Flat apartment, €274 each a month
    NTL and Trash included and its nice and big

I'm happy...
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Rent is €135 per month for a three bedroomed house. Very basic but about a ten minute walk from Dundalk centre. And thats only two of us in it. It would be €45 per person but our student moved out, Damn students, going home for the summer!

Originally posted by DundalkDuffman
    Rent is €135 per month for a three bedroomed house. Very basic but about a ten minute walk from Dundalk centre. And thats only two of us in it. It would be €45 per person but our student moved out, Damn students, going home for the summer!
    €135 per month??!?!?!??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

620 a month total for a large 2 bed appartment overlooking the river in drogheda, an hours train journey from dublin city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by Samba
    2 bedbroom apt. in Blackrock Haggled down to 900 Eur a month from 1200, includes Parking n Free Cable, spacious bedrooms, can't complain....typical though a week after moving out I get offered a house up the road for free.
    Not next to Roches stores is it? Sounds like my old apartment (is the apartment no. 7?).:eek:

Anyway, now paying 950pm for a nice 1bed with cable and all mod cons, but it comes with a parking space, which we don't use, and we rent it out for 150pm to someone working in a nearby office, so we're down to 800pm in D2, 10mins walk from Grafton St, with locked gates and CCTV just in case.

Very secure anyway, and we're happy. were paying 1250pm in Blackrock for a 2 bed that we weren't using and ended up moving out because my g/f was spending an hour travelling into town on the bus for work. now she walks it in 10mins, and my Dart journey has been more than cut in half.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Damn, 135€ per week of course !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 greenday chick

moving to an appartment on castle street in the city centre next monday. its a 2bedroom apt with 2 bathrooms and parking underneath.

1400yoyos a month and that will be divided 2 or 3 ways so therefore the least i'll be payin a wk is 117yoyos. the joys of student life:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

360 a month for a large double room in raheny in a house right beside the dart station - cheap as chips

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i pay €200 a month.
    included are All bill's ( apart from isp rates)
    free washing, ironing, satalite television,
    nice 4 bedroom house in Killiney co dubin
    free dinner, ( no breakfast tho :( )
    power shower, the work's
    Bedroom and spare bedroom for my stuff,
    no smoking allouwed tho... out the back only...

and my dog is there also....

possible the cheepest student dig's in dublin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement