Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestion: Games workshop forum

• 02-01-2003 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Now, I know I can just go and make this forum regardless, but I'd rather find out if there's any demand for a forum like this.

I've always been a bit of a games workshop junkie (mostly warhammer 40k and bloodbowl), but I'm getting into it again. This might be a fun forum to discuss army lists, dirty cheese tactics (Chaplain Parmesan springs to mind), and general trashtalk between combatants.

If it works out, there might even be enough of us to play a few games against each other, perhaps in the dublin and cork areas. This is what I really want - more enemies for my space wolves to crush (and lose to, usually).

So, if you want to see this forum happen, probably as a community forum for now, post here and tell me yea or nay!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Used to be talked about a bit on the wargames forum as far as i remember, didnt get much interest :o

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, this might work but I'm sure some Forgeworld people will want a more generic title. We know about 10 people who are up for this I reckon (/me puts his hand up as a Tyranid player...).

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Endorse, yadda,yadda...
    I don't buy them since the bigger price hikes, but I still play when I get the chance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Yeah, itll make me take it back up for the 4th time.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

icon14.gif
    I most heartily endorse this product and/or service.

"We used to think of them as wandering vagrants. Well, those vagrants held up my whole platoon for five days"
    - Lieutenant Pharåik on Eldar Rangers

"Your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender..."
    - Message to Colonel Brand at the Thrid Battle of Belafon I

"What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea"
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

who has the old codexes?

I have a 7 year old Eldar one thats just full of stories

and an undead(hell yeah, undead) book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

/thead glances loving at her Orc boyz and her dark evles

Yep a good Idea as long as there is also a Quest section :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well this is great to see i really want to see this one happen. I used to play a lot and i only do painting these days helps to relax me. I rember the other half in labour and me there painting my high elf silver helms. I am mostly a fantasy player, high elves, lizzard men, bretonians.... the good guys and i started to get into 40K. I have a whole army of sisters of battle still to be asembled and painted. In fact i have bags of stuff to be painted and assembled. I used to be GW staff in Blanch.... the discount and all. Still know the boys i there.

ALso as thead said WH quest should be in there as well as that was my introduction the jackson/livingstone univers. I used to play WHQ PBEM games till that comunity died a few years back i still have all the stuff for that. Extra stuff and that.

Any the company GW is a funny beast. Strange rules and all ( I dont mean the game rules here either ) You might wana ask them before you start this up, i doubt they would mind but you never know. Wouldent hurt to have a cruuent member od GW staff as well as a Ley player mod it. A bit like the Komplette board.

Like i said i worked for them and they are money Hungy ( What company isent ) so they might not like it if they dont have control over it. I know they pulled out of Geal Con cause they couldent do what they wanted there......

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    who has the old codexes?

I have a 7 year old Eldar one thats just full of stories

and an undead(hell yeah, undead) book

Have the old Eldar COdex, bought it for £7 years ago, still ahve the 2nd dition WH40K game too, took me bloody ages scrimping and saving to buy it...

I seem to have misplaced the new ruleook too...must find it again.

A load of the codexes (older ones) are on Kazza and stuff, nice for the bit of fluff and art:)

i have about 6 or 7 old army books and one or two 40 K books. And the seige rule book.
    Dident pay for any of them if memory serves.

Any one every play the PC game warhammer Dark Omen?
    Played it online a lot but not any more these days.
    I have to play it on My P1 dosent runn too wel on my new system.

• Advertisement

Aye, that's one license that's crying out for some really decent games.

A series of Decent FPSes would be class, or a squad control thing, similar to Operation Flashpoint or BF1942 would rock.

"Red wunz go fasta"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Im definatly up for this as I got about a 5000 point ultra-marine army. Only about 3000 points of these are painted though :(

Well I hope this forum will go up.

It would be a good idea on how to talk about strategies and everything and what kind of an army you have. Even painting techniques if you need them.

you have only painted 3000 of youre 500 worth of ultra marines. Get youre finger out man, jyst spray them all blue and touch up with a few bits of yellow and yer away.

Ah! come on regi whens this board going up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    you have only painted 3000 of youre 500 worth of ultra marines. Get youre finger out man, jyst spray them all blue and touch up with a few bits of yellow and yer away.

Ah! come on regi whens this board going up?

Good idea but I like painting them. And I played it bout 3 times Dark Omen that is. downloaded it somewhere. There used to be a game that you could play over the Net(warhammer 40K that is) but it has since been closed down. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I'll let this run for a few more days, see who else answers.
    How many of you are in dublin, and play 40k? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Why do you have to make such a big deal over everything? Just make the stupid board and be done with it. You can always dispose of it if it doesn't take off.

Im on Dublin ( Blanchardstown) but i never really played 40K much. Me being a real serious fantasy player. I have my susters of battle army a good 2000 points worth but i havent even put them together. Though that might be my next project now. Time to gig em out and start filing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Ok, Dev made the forum :) Its here!
    Why do you have to make such a big deal over everything? Just make the stupid board and be done with it. You can always dispose of it if it doesn't take off.

hush

Advertisement