Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maiden!!!!

• 02-01-2003 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Iron Maiden are planing a european tour next year, anyone heard anything along the grapevine of a date in ireland

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

man, i'd love to see iron maiden. i'd give my right eye. i've heard nothing of aforementioned tour, but keep me informed if you hear any whispers about an irish date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

serious? aw **** man , iron maiden playing ireland would be unbelievably **** cool ,yipppeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Didn't miaden burn a tri-colour the last time they played Ireland and the IRA sent them a death treat not to play Ireland again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

hehe who did they expect to impress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

ive got The Greatests Hits! ive got The Greatest Hits! whip whip whip whipeeeeeeee!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    Is this true? Pretty unbelievable if it is. :confused:
    unfortunitly it is true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

and here i am thinking they were sitting in an old man's home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Saw them for the Seventh son tour and Fear of the Dark both in the point.Didine see any flag burning though.Where was that Ricardo????It wasnt any of the above tours!!!!!!!!!!11

FU,KING EXCELLENT.

hope they didnt cuz their real good
    and i wana see them but if dat happened
    i wont and i did think it happened

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Can anyone back up this Iron Maiden burning the Tri-Colour.Ive been trying to find confirmation of this for weeks now.
    I was at all their gigs here in Ireland except the last one(cant remember which album)and it never happened at any of them!!!!!By all I mean all the larger ones ie.Seventh Son,Fear of the Dark,The Bring your Daughter one,but not the last one which was in some tiny place(Think it was the rock garden)

So someone please supply some proof.Unless it happened at a gig in the UK somewhere.But as far as I can see there was no death threat issued against them from any paramilitary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Maiden rock! To be honest, i feel the tricolour is a sell out, i mean, we go to bother of getting an independent state, and what do we do, stick their bloody colour in our flag!
    ~The official flag of ireland should be the leinster one! Only with eire underneath the harp!!

Originally posted by Hellrazer
    Can anyone back up this Iron Maiden burning the Tri-Colour.Ive been trying to find confirmation of this for weeks now.
    I was at all their gigs here in Ireland except the last one(cant remember which album)and it never happened at any of them!!!!!By all I mean all the larger ones ie.Seventh Son,Fear of the Dark,The Bring your Daughter one,but not the last one which was in some tiny place(Think it was the rock garden)

So someone please supply some proof.Unless it happened at a gig in the UK somewhere.But as far as I can see there was no death threat issued against them from any paramilitary.

i dont think we will ever find out but u reminded me of sumthing! i think,not to sure, but it was in the u.k tat they burnt our flag!???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Sterile Fish

know wat would be great......maiden playing slane!!! that'd be so ****in cool!!!! 80'000 ppl crammed into a field listening to maiden!!!OMG!!! i want to become a concert propmoter just for the simple chance that i could make that happen!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

it was in q or mojo magazine last month i think that they did a thing on the most memorable rock moments and one was at a maiden gig in belfast were they did a vverson of god save the queen , they he roared give ireland back to the irish. it was sommat like that anyway

Originally posted by Sterile Fish
    know wat would be great......maiden playing slane!!! that'd be so ****in cool!!!! 80'000 ppl crammed into a field listening to maiden!!!OMG!!! i want to become a concert propmoter just for the simple chance that i could make that happen!!!

keep ur fingers crossed 4 tat! we all will! like fúckin mental or wa??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Hellrazer

I am fairly certain this never happened. In fact the same rumour did the rounds in the early 90s that it was Megadeth who burned the flag, and had been threatened by the IRA.

ok its a tad pointless goin on about this! no-one knows for sure
    so someome just come up with prof if it happened! and if it didnt lets all settle down and face our fear in the dark tat it never happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Hang about, did megadeth not cause trouble by showing their support for the IRA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

IIRC, I was at a Maiden Gig in Januray 1996 at the SFX. Can't remember the album. Maybe that was the last one they played ?
    Blaze was the front man then so it wasn't 'real' maiden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by kingconor
    Hang about, did megadeth not cause trouble by showing their support for the IRA?

The rumour about the flag did the rounds for a while in the early 90s.

I did hear the other one all right. Supposed to have happened in Belfast when Mustaine was a little bit worse for wear due to combination of s**t loads of drink and some non-legal narcotics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement