Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ndp

Options
  • 02-01-2003 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Im not sure if every one has read this as it seems old but i find it very interesting. http://www.cullen-international.com/documents/cullen/cipublic/studies/broadbd.cfm#b03_a_0
    I think while i am happy too see momentum in the goals that every one that visits this forum want to happen it seems to be going at a snail pace......there seems to be lots of ides and plans and talking but thats about it.....
    Accelerated xDSL Rollout: rollout of Broadband DSL access to 35 exchange areas outside those already planned by ESAT;
    can anyone tell me who was to be upgrading those exchanges??
    Also havent chorus really messed up their oppurtunity its a joke really.I am in limerick and wanted to get their service but couldnt and at the time i was told they had plans for antoher transmitter in the clare hills that would give even more acess and to which i could have availed of but that was 15 months ago and when i phoned them a few months ago they said they had cancelled it...it seems to be as stereotypically irish as being a drunk leprachaun to talk a a good game but do **** all in the end:D
    ah well theres always tv.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 joec

actually this site seems to explain that it is also esat!!!!! http://www.norcontel.ie/ndpcomms/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

The old chestnut personally I think UTV should buy them out they already have a few wireless transmitters up and running (kind of lol) but due to an amazingly incompetent management they are sinking deeper and deeper into dept on a daily basis. Though the system was designed for TV (also useful to UTV maybe?) I would suggest for quick roll out to rural areas UTV could use wireless and for the cities use ADSL (aka quicksilver).So go on UTV at this stage id say you could buy them out for €7.58c hehehe

Advertisement