Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Man's Child

• 03-01-2003 5:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

**** am I ever impressed!
    After quite some absence, they're releasing the new album on Jan 20th! Not long at all to wait. But I just downloaded the song "Black Seeds On Virgin Soil" from the album off their website, and all I can say is Wow!!!

http://hem.passagen.se/oldmanschild/oldmanschild.html

You can get the full song there.
    But I'm extremely impressed, as it's a rather large departure from their last few Iron Maiden rip-off albums, and 2000's "Revelation 666" which was an overly keyboard-laden peice of fluff.

Thankfully there's hints of their first Demo at the start of 'Black Seeds' with a rather folkey acoustic guitar intro peice. This give way into some rather mid paced trashy Black Metal, with some uncharacteristically great basslines. Rather simplistic song structure, and guitar playing, but a fantastic song over-all.

Furthermore, one of my favorites, Nick Barker (Lock-Up, Dimmu Borgir, Ex-Cradle Of Filth) is now in the drum stool for this, and thankfully, the drums aren't completely over-triggered like on Dimmu's last album. But ****ing hell! The drum-rolls that man does! Breath-taking.

Give it a listen...
    I'm definetly grabbing the album when it comes out!

Here's the deadly new artwork:
    idoe_big.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

That songs pretty good, vocals a bit screamy (but theres not much of them) but apart from that very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Frankly, I cant wait to get the CD to hear it properly.
    The drums never sound right on mp3.
    But I can seriously imagine how it's gonna sound!

Advertisement