Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who'll win the Eircom League

• 03-01-2003 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

With Shels beating Derry last night and Bohs seeming to be slipping up - its good to see a tight battle this year for the Eircom league title.

Shels are now just 4 points behind Bohs (who have a game in hand).

I think that Shels may just do it (if they beat Bohs @ home that is)

Bohs run in is - Vs Drogheda United
    - Vs Shelbourne
    - Vs Longford Town
    - Vs Derry City

Shels run in is - Vs Bohs
    - Vs Drogheda
    - Vs Bray

What do people think or do they even care about domestic footie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bohs will beat Drogehda and once they avoid defeat to Shels they win the league.

Personally i hope Tolka park floods and Shels rot in hell :D

But other than that Bohs can only lose it at thise stage but it is the Eircom league and this is how its usually won :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Boh's will win hopefully.

As long as they can get a draw or even a win against Shelbourne, it should be plain sailing from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Shels run in is - Vs Bohs
    - Vs Drogheda
    - Vs Bray
    $hels have to play Longford as well so they have the same number of games left as Bohs.

I still think Bohs will win it. They've been the best team I've seen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Balls forgot about the Longford game , well thats even better than I thought - I have to say shels have been lucky in some games as have bohs but bohs have still only been beaten twice I think - so its definetely in there hands

I just wanna see it go to the wire and for shels to snatch it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I'd say bohs for premier division,and waterford have the first division wrapped up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Bohs all the way! They are like men amongst boys in the Eircom League. They are so far ahead and their progress so prominent that I guarentee you that within 5 years they will be the first Irish side to make the Champions League Group Stages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 desperate lady

On the last few weeks form.........it should be Shels. But c'mon the Gypsies (Bohs)......when is Glen Crowe back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The recent form guide reads well from a Shels point of view.

Bohemians 1 - 1 Drogheda United (D)
    St. Patrick's Athletic 2 - 0 Bohemians (L)
    Bohemians 2 - 0 Cork City (W)
    Bohemians 3 - 2 Shamrock Rovers (W)
    Bray Wanderers 1 - 3 Bohemians (W)
    Bohemians 1 - 1 UCD (D)
    Derry City 0 - 3 Bohemians (W)
    Drogheda United 0 - 2 Bohemians (W)
    Bohemians 1 - 2 Shelbourne (L)
    Cork City 1 - 1 Bohemians (D)
    Bohemians 1 - 1 St. Patrick's Athletic (D)
    Shamrock Rovers 1 - 1 Bohemians (D)
    Bohemians 4 - 0 Bray Wanderers (W)
    Bohemians 1 - 0 Longford Town (W)

Derry City 0 - 1 Shelbourne (W)
    Shamrock Rovers 0 - 1 Shelbourne (W)
    UCD 0 - 2 Shelbourne (W)
    Shelbourne 2 - 0 St. Patrick's Athletic (W)
    Cork City 2 - 1 Shelbourne (W)
    Bray Wanderers 1 - 2 Shelbourne (W)
    Shelbourne 2 - 0 Derry City (W)
    Bohemians 1 - 2 Shelbourne (W)
    Shelbourne 0 - 1 Shamrock Rovers (L)
    Longford Town 0 - 2 Shelbourne (W)
    Shelbourne 2 - 1 UCD (W)
    St. Patrick's Athletic 2 - 2 Shelbourne (D)
    Drogheda United 0 - 3 Shelbourne (W)
    Shelbourne 2 - 1 Cork City (W)

Shels (P) 14 (W) 12 (D) 1 (L) 1
    Bohs (P) 14 (W) 7 (D) 5 (L) 2

Is Shels can sustain that kind of form then they will deserve to win it, quite simply, that form would win any league any season. But our record at Tolka is excellent, we have the class to take the 3 points, its going to be a cracker anyway.

I'd like to see Longford doing us a favour tomorrow night, but to be honest I can't see it happening. Shels are on fire at the moment, but we are the one team capable of beating them. Even without Glen Crowe. That is, of course, if he's really injured.

C'mon Bohs..........

Well i hate both teams :)

But for the leagues sake and those precious UEFA points we need a good showing in Europe and well Malta says it all about Shels.

We done our bit this season and Shels disgraced us with their pathetic performance (yes i did cheer when that chukie dude scored).

So i have hope Bohs win it cos i know they have the big game players who will perform in Europe and thats whats best for league in general.

kdjaC

• Advertisement

As I suspected Shels slipped up. I didn't think that they would slip up against Longford, but then again, Longford played like Lions, and were supported by over 300 Bohs fans, who gave dogs abuse to the Shels players, and outsung the home support, pathetic as usual.

Can't wait for Sunday, time to pull out all the stops, there will be a massive crowd, and probably the best atmosphere Tolka has ever seen.

Mathematically its not over but it makes for a great game on Sunday

Bohs are looking like they're gonna get it but ya never know ;)

come on the Shels

The incentive for Bohs to win on Sunday and thus take it will be too great for Shels. Some of their players are in fighting mood after last night (most notably Richie Baker, who gave an oddly kevin Keegan-esque post match interview), but I think this will work against Shels rather than for them.
    Sunday is really gonna be something special though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Good to see Longford put in a stormer for their old boss Stephen Kenny. I think Boh's have it in the bag now.

Yeah, a great battling performance by Longford, once they don't repeat it next week, I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

It certainly looks like its going to be Boh's year. I dont think they'll slip up now.

Getting closer now...

Looks like Shels may have a few injuries, as Bohs do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

BTW: C'mon Bray!! They really really need a win against Derry tonight!

What a good game versus Shels.......I'll never slag Ashley Bayes again........what a save!! As for Bobby Ryan......pure genius. Well done Bohs. CHAMPIONS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Yeah........see the hubby and kids every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Just like to say Congrats to Bohs ....

They deserved to win it in the end , good goal too...

Also hard luck to Shels they tryed valiantly to catch the bohs but in the end could not do enough....

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Is it just me or does the Bohs goalkeeper look like Biff from Back To The Future?!

There's a hilarious picture of him with a champaigne bottle in the Sun today. It doesn't look nice at all! :D

Anyone know where I can get a new liver?

Ashleys a bit of a ringer for Biff alright, but we might not be seeing him around for much longer. Might be on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Is the rumour that you're looking to sign Barry Ryan from UCD true do you know?

Well done Bohs , HAHAHHHA @shels (im not bitter)

Now on to more important matters like not getting relegated :D

kdjaC

ring a ding ding ding youre giong down,

Advertisement