Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WebDev Position Avaiilable

• 03-01-2003 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi

Cloch Internet Services is a small web development and web hosting operation based in Bray, Co. Wicklow.

In the coming year I have a requirement for an additional web developer due to securing some large projects.

The ideal candidate will have at least the following:

1) Primary degree in computer science, applications etc

2) At least two years experience, preferably in a web or internet
    development/operations environment

3) At least 1 years practical experience in at least 4 of the following technologies
    - MS IIS
    - MS SQL Server
    - MySQL
    - PostgreSQL
    - PHP
    - Apache
    - Perl
    - Java

4) The ideal candidate will have some experience working on a project that encompassed a web based database web site or application.

5) On a personal level, as we are a small operation, there will not
    be a lot of spoon feeding. The candidate should have some example of initiative or leadership. My own feeling would be that this position may be suited to a candidate that has previously worked in a smaller company or team.

There will be some client interfacing, so it will be important for
    the person to be, well, more outgoing than your average geek!

6) Additional Skills:
    The initial project will be incorporating technologies such as SMS
    messaging, online payments and Smartcards, so any experience in these areas would be a plus.

Exact terms and conditions of employment will be dependent on the candidate.

If you are interested, please send a CV and cover note that includes salary expecatations and a little about your future career plans to work@cloch.ie.

The position will be available within the next 3 weeks, but again, I am more interested in a super duper dev than when you can start.

Informal enquiries to the above address are also more than welcome, or PM me.

Many Thanks

Ronan Quirke
    Managing Director
    Cloch Internet Services Ltd

LOGO_1027681784.GIF

Advertisement