Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buffy sings

• 03-01-2003 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭

did anyone else see this episode where they all sing most of the dialogue ?
    excellently done , good plot, all round breath of fresh air in a series that has been a bit repetitive in the past , highly recommend to anyone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

NO thats the only buffy epp i have not seen. I avoided it like the singing Zena epps.

Not my cup of tea really.

The only place singing was ever acceptable..... The Blues Brothers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    NO thats the only buffy epp i have not seen. I avoided it like the singing Zena epps.

Not my cup of tea really.

The only place singing was ever acceptable..... The Blues Brothers.

In fairness, as musical episodes go it's well done and well produced. Some of the songs are shaky, some are quite good. If you're a fan I'd recommend watching it - you're more likely to keep up with whats been sung about, and the in-jokes in the songs

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Amazingly bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

A most excellent episode.

irritating beyond belief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its excellent. i have a high quality copy of it on my pc :)
    also have d/led all the tunes from it. very catchy, and some excellent in-jokes :)

by the way, look out for episode 7 of the new series as it has a bit of a reprisal from that episode.

the new serious rocks by the way, am halfway through the season now, and its just more of the same, so if you like it, then you will love this.

also got my buffy season 3 dvd this morning from cd-wow for a meagre 30 quid.
    nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

"Once more with feeling" is one of the best episodes of Buffy ever. They are releasing the soundtrack on cd – already have it mp3'd - but will but it on cd anyway. I think it won allsorts of TV awards in the states last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

CD is already out. My copy arrived from play.com a few days ago.

I thought the episode was excellent - second only to Hush IMHO.

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Funnily enough as much as i hate the epp i have the cd of the soundtrack. But i never listen to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

as much as I've gone off buffy recently I actually liked this episode, SMG's voice did get on my nerves but thankfully she din't have *too* many solo moments :)

I especially liked the songs where giles and tara sang together, nice lil chorus thing goin on there.. there voices seemed to compliment each other pretty well.

I prob won't buy the cd, but I might dl it :)

one of the more.. interesting eps of the series, although in all fairness comparing it to the rest of that seasons is a but... unfair, as it hasn't got the slightest bit of competition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Originally posted by Mordeth
    I especially liked the songs where giles and tara sang together, nice lil chorus thing goin on there.. there voices seemed to compliment each other pretty well.

I

proly cos they were the only two how could hold a tune and not need a bucket.

I was a good ep and i do have the cd.
    but the zander and his ex was far to annoying.

" life is not bliss
    life is just this "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

The Spike song was quite good - in Rocky Horror Show kind of way. Giles has had a few "rock" moments in the series - there was a good one when (I don't know which episode) when the primal Slayer was about and the entire cast were having wierd dreams and Giles rocked out on stage in The Bronze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by deezoid
    The Spike song was quite good - in Rocky Horror Show kind of way. Giles has had a few "rock" moments in the series - there was a good one when (I don't know which episode) when the primal Slayer was about and the entire cast were having wierd dreams and Giles rocked out on stage in The Bronze.

Dont forget when giles used his mad guitar skills to impress buffys aul wan when all the adults reverted to teenagers. That was worth a chuckle :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

its not fair! my gf wont let me watch it bcuz id like a go with buffy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Very nifty episode. Second only to Restless (The dream episode) IMHO. Must pick up the soundtrack someday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

On a slightly related note

Anthony Stewart Head (wot plays Giles) actually has an album out. Called "Music for Elevators". Its a bit odd, definitely not mainstream, but I kinda like most of it....but its not something Id listen to too often.

Amber Benson (Tara) and James Marsters (Spike) both guest on it.

And on a less related note....did I hear somewhere that Alyson Hannigen (Willow) is engaged to Alexis Denisof (Wesley) now?

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Faith (TV): E! Online reports that while nothing has been signed, "Buffy" production company Mutant Enemy is in talks with former regular Eliza Dushku to reprise her role as rogue slayer 'Faith' in a spin-off series which is currently untitled. Dushku is presently shooting crossover guests spots for both "Angel" and "Buffy" this season - the former airing in March, followed up by the later - a supposed five-episode run. Chris Buchanan, ME's president says "I believe that's something that's being bounced around, along with other things, too. Certainly, because she's around doing Buffy and Angel, I know there've been discussions. We're kind of sitting on our hands until UPN and Fox figure out what they want to do".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement