Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New community poll section

Options
  • 03-01-2003 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

Question for the mods-

Is there a way, or would it be permissable, for the boards to be used as a forum to bring the weight of it's users opinions to organisations, governments etc? I am sure everyone out there has an opinion on the lamentable state of just about everything in Ireland and certainly part of my frustration with the system is trying to find out what you can do to make your opinion heard. Is there anyway that the results of a poll say on Tolling National Roads, could be published and brought to the NRA to reflect the opinions of the Boards.ie members? Thats just an example but do you get the picture?

Comments appreciated-

Kell.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I'm not a mod, but your 'Comments appreciated' is a loophole :)

its a good idea - it'd be like a mini- Ireland offline. it might be dismissed as not-representative of a broad cross section demographic though.

There'd be a danger long term that it might lead to a lot of ghost accounts - both from boardsters and non-em... people from boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

The fact that it is a public forum as opposed to being just members of the Boards might be a good thing in order to get a broader view of the demographic. The drawback that I can see there is that it would be virtually impossible to quantify where the responses originated from if people are voting as guests. Back to the drawing board methinks.

Can someone explain to me in the plainest English what Ireland Offline is all about? Seems interesting but I am not exactly sure as to what the aim of it is.

Advertisement