Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shogun:total war

Options
  • 16-06-2000 4:03am
    Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it out yet? I don't want to make a trip into Grafton St. for nothing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's out today, I'm leaving in fifteen minutes to get my copy smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its out now(ish) in EB , for 35 pounds.
    As in Game aswell.
    And what games shop is open at 8AM ???

It's about a society in freefall....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm so blessed in taking today off work, the Square in Tallaght here I come. Best pay off a tad from my visa card, I'm 'that' close to my limit

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well I cant play it right now because I'm in work atm , but the manual looks nice smile.gif
    Some cool features like : Build a portugese trading post and from then you can buy arquebusiers ... hmmm arquebusiers....
    And if it rains heavily , they cant operate at all , but if its only light rain , their rate of fire and accuracy decreases , how realistic can you get !
    OH and we should definately play SHOGUN at the lan

It's about a society in freefall....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Yeah it seems really reaaalllllly good smile.gif
    I wont be able to get to buy it till the lan so Im gonna obtain it tonight wink.gif I will buy it tho smile.gif
    The ISDN was installed today so I'll have to get a TA..........is there anywhere I could mail order one? I know wrong board etc etc but I dont have time to post twice smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

omg this is good, this is very very good, definitely has the x4 factor, i thought i'd been playing about an hour tonight, turns out it was four smile.gif

the campaign game is slow to get going cos money is very tight to start with, stick with it though.

Ground Control also rocks, got that today too, first RTS that has a drop in multiplayer mode a la Quake - very enjoyable, and quite the looker also.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 16-06-2000).]

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Considering how hard normal is, i shudder to think what its like on hard or expert. Its great. I love it when you start a battle, then as soon as you move them into a new formation, the taiko drums start...
    very slick. needs that full install though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

/me d/ls it as we speak.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

They're very different games but both good, although I probably prefer shogun........ I'd say I'll prolly get em both when Im up for the LAN

I am inflatible !

Advertisement