Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDP question

Options
  • 03-01-2003 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

I was just looking around the NDP site looking to see if they are funding any telecoms infrastructure at the moment (I thought I had read in the past that they funded some fibre around the country that has since remained unlit) ... I couldnt find a thing about fibre or wireless ... found plently about roads etc though .... has the NDP dropped the ball with telecoms??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

norcontel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Er ... I had only looked at a few of them and they were finished or near finished ... :o
    that Website could do with the odd update ... latest date referred to in the document is April 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

As far as I can see, there is very little if anything planned by DCMNR for rollout of broadband for 2003 besides the fiber rings project. This does seem to be going ahead almost as planned. I say almost because there seems to be a less aggressive schedule now, based on fund availablility.
    Disappointing. Hopefully they will announce more projects after the consultation period is over and they get down to taking a look at the entire countrys broadband problems.

Advertisement