Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard Question

• 03-01-2003 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I'm looking at either the MSI 648 which has great reviews but no graphics chip or the MSI 845GE - can't find any reviews, but has an onboard graphics chip.........similar price - anyone got any thoughts please

Thanks

Andi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'm not familiar with either of these boards, but I would always go for a board that does NOT include graphics.
    Do you intend playing games - an agp slot with a seperate video card is always a better option, that way you can keep up to date by simply upgrading your video card.
    If gaming is not part of your plan, and you don't intend doing much tweaking to your system, then maybe it would be cheaper to go for on-board graphics
    I am sure you will hear arguments from both camps, this is just my view

Bio

Advertisement