Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC wont Boot.

• 03-01-2003 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

Last night, my pc (k7s5a, 320sdr, 1gig duron) was working fine.
    I was burning cd's, playing cs and browsing for about 6 hours no bother.

Shut it down properly last night, and woke up this morning, turned it on and then i noticed, amazingly enough, it wasnt booting.
    Well, it booted, showed the American Megatrends logo, CPU and ram, 'Hit DEL if you want to run setup', 'Auto-detecting HDD's and CDROMS etc' then just blacked out and rebooted.
    It kept on doing the same thing over and over. (its hard trying to describe it, was gonna post a pic but the batteries in my digital camera are gone, again :( )

I said id post here before i went messing with the BIOS.

Any ideas..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

First off, if the PC is rebooting at the detecting hdd cdrom stage, try (first remembering to earth yourself) removing the ide cable from the hard disk and cdrom and then starting the machine.

If it posts, then just try reseating the IDE cables.
    If that doesn't work post again.

Advertisement