Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eirconet not giving out dialup numbers..to me anyway :p

Options
  • 03-01-2003 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I called eircomnet tech support, a 1550 number. I asked if i could have the number for the free service for a friend setting up the net. He said i had to have an eircomnet email address and an account to give me the number. I questioned this..he asked me if i had a cd, i hadnt. In the end he said he wasnt meant to give out the number but he gave it to me anyway..whats the story on this crap...its just the free number, whats the big deal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭santalives

purly from a business perspective i would say, they would like everyone who uses their service to have an account, more for the sake of finding out who uses there service and how many customers they have. also when you sign up for an account you generally are by default accepting their terms and conditions of usage, where as if you just use the number they have no record of you, although it is a free number i'd say they would still want you to be a "customer" to use it even though you are not paying anything to eorcom net.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

That's surprising really because you can get local dial up no.s easily on their website, no questions asked. If you go to eircom.net, under Technical Support theres and icon "Free". If you go to this you can get the no. you're looking for and then just use eircomnet as username with no password.

Advertisement