Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple trailers ,i want to keep them

Options
  • 03-01-2003 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

how do i keep them they seem to remvoe themselves from the temp folder.

anyone know an app that can keep em.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I usually just download the file directly (by checking the page source code where they're being mean:) about it) rather than streaming it. There are a few sites mentioned for trailers in the broadband forum that probably include some that just provide a direct link to the files.

Leaving that aside if you don't feel like doing that, can you copy it from the temp internet files while QT still has the file or does it get picky about the file being used at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by sceptre
    I usually just download the file directly (by checking the page source code where they're being mean:) about it) rather than streaming it.

Aye, that's the easiest way of doing it.
    wget is a great leeching app to get, available for windows and loobix.

There are also grabbers for other streaming formats such as .asf, .wma etc.

The temp file tactic doesn't always work cos diffent apps handle temp files differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I don't understand why they won't let you download 'em. All you are going to do is show you mates which surely is the point of having a trailer in the first place! I grab 'em and stick on my PDA to show my mates!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

sometimes rightclick and save target as works :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I tried exactly that yesterday with the new Kill Bill trailer (I wanted to take it home and show my brother). No matter what I did, the movie came down as a 2k .MOV file. I couldn't get the full version at all.........

Even checked the cache, and ticked the "don't remove from cache" option in QuickTime. I still couldn't save it.

- Dave.

Advertisement