Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a test of an Idea

Options
  • 04-01-2003 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I am (at some stage) going to start a ns big web site.

At the mo I dont have the time, college course is really hard and takes up all of my time but...

When I do I would be looking for help in getting it off the ground. More input and writers and stuff for articles and so on, some web design and flash and so on but the thing is that.. I was wondering who many ppl would be interested in helping.

No real perks except membership of the press :D and perks of the partcular thing u would be helping with, like game reviewing and music reviewing and gig venu reviewing ppl would get free stuff prob.

This is just an Idea but I would need help when I get the time and was wondeing who many ppl would like to help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

id like to help in any way I can, as I am going fuking insane with college, need an outlet other than JAVA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Snowball
    I am (at some stage) going to start a ns big web site.

Doing a big website is really not that difficult. Keeping it up to date and getting traffic is though.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Originally posted by jmcc
    Doing a big website is really not that difficult. Keeping it up to date and getting traffic is though.

Regards...jmcc

thats why I need to start when I am not so swamped. It would be my baby and I would want to spend a lot of energy on it. I would have to keep it upto date and the trafic would be a part-time job in its self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

What kind of website? I can invest a bit of time into it i guess. Maybe Design, Program.

And if this is a big website, please don't make it by ftping every min, make it dynamic, PHP and MySQL ;)

Originally posted by donaloconnor
    What kind of website? I can invest a bit of time into it i guess. Maybe Design, Program.

And if this is a big website, please don't make it by ftping every min, make it dynamic, PHP and MySQL ;)

Would be the best combo of all, including java and vb script, html, php, sql and so on. A lot of the site will be based on database and information usage. Eg: a user rates something (a movie, cd, band, venue, etc) and that is kept for ... other usage ;) hehe my ideas are mine, U WILL NOT STEAL THEM .... HAHA, I HAVE MY TINFOIL HAT ON, HAHA!!! ;)

oh and the idea in my head is big, really big. But college comes first though. will start when I have more time, ns to know I can get help though. thanx. Knowing hpw important this must be to all your lives I will be posting when I know I have the time to get stuck in, but knowing me as I do, dont hold ur breath ... it could be a while.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

count me in for review writing of games + music also a bit of designing and conding when needs be.

the 2 sites in my signature are mine so if I can donate some of that material as well if you want.

Originally posted by the-raptor
    count me in for review writing of games + music also a bit of designing and conding when needs be.

the 2 sites in my signature are mine so if I can donate some of that material as well if you want.
    thanx m8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

don't mention it just give us a shout whenever your ready to go ahead with your website.

Advertisement