Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi shortage?

Options
  • 04-01-2003 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I was driving around town on new years day, and people kept trying to flag me down. :confused: In a Fiesta! What do they think I am? A taxi? We've started doing 'designated driver' night and it happens then too.

Surely the shortage can't be that acute? The lads are always complaining about waiting ages for a taxi, but I've never had to wait more than 10 minutes. When we were out NYEve there was a queue of them outside the pub.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

People are pissed as farts ffs. Anything with 4 wheels looks like a taxi. No taxis on new years eve, new years morning. Thats not a surprise, many prob took the night off and theres a larger no. of ppl in town that any other night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

yellum, you are such a wuss it's embarassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Adam,
    Yer just pissed off cos I dropped the hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

This was the middle of the day, and a guy in a business suit (who didn't seem pissed) was trying to flag me down. It seemed very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Might have thought he was in Moscow I suppose. That new big wide space in Patrick St might have confused the poor chap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

The Kremlin is marginally more impressive than the Savoy, if memory serves. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement