Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECTS 2000

Options
  • 21-06-2000 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

anyone heading over?

tickets will be sent out from 7th of August I believe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

I'll be there. Hopefully it's better than last year.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

Strange, I thought you had to be 18, just like e3 in the states then eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Ahh, last years was fun.

Thing about ECTS is that all the good stuff is behind closed doors, and all the good gossip is at the parties - no point going if you can't blag your way into showings of stuff, and some of the bashes. You're wasting your time just wandering around stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

I thought last year's was very dull. I went with the party from totalvideogames.com and we all thought it was pretty boring even though we did go to one or two of the exclusive parties etc.

As for being 18 Jamie, that's the rules but just like many places the rules are often bent and broken.

There were several in the TVG at last year's ECTS under 18 and several at this year's E3 under 18 and none had any problems getting in.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

Hmmmm, didn't try for the TVG party last year; did the Logitech bash, and the UT launch party, which was good fun.

When you're there doing reporting work, ECTS is cracking. It's cool meeting up with people from the industry, either on an interview basis, or just bumping into them at the show and having a chat. Jack Porter from Epic Megagames still owes me 50p form the tube back into London at last years, now I think of it... smile.gif

This years will be hectic, I have to wear two hats, one as a game promoter and the other as a reporter. Argh. I anticipate much in the way of sore feet and stressed-out-ness smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

You guys think your so cool! With your parties and celebrities! Pish! Check this out , the other day , I met the guy from 'Coach'. Yeah! Thats right! The early 90's sitcom about a football coach! He 0wnz you all!...er...

Seriously though what are you promoting Shinji?

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

They're hardly celebrities in fairness. And it is rather disappointing to see all the punters at the show crowding around some ex Playmate of the Month at the Logitech stand and completely ignoring Shigeru Miyamoto at the Ninty stand and Peter Molyneaux a few doors down... :/

As to the game I'm promoting... First screenshots will hopefully be appearing soon, and you can be sure I'll make a LOT of noise about it then! Our first game, a pretty simple 3D shoot'em'up retro thingy, just got its publisher deal all settled and went gold, but the second one is the biggie, and thats the one I plan to be pushing at ECTS...

Ja,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You got a site up for your company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i too will be there promoting safe sex with pacmen and pacwomen:

pacman.jpg

Advertisement