Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD that has SVCD/VCD/MP3/CDRW/MP3 etc.

Options
  • 04-01-2003 3:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

This has been discussed in a previous thread. I have a Powerpoint DVD player which you can pick up for less than €150 which is multiregion "out of the box" and will do all of above and play JPEG images too!

I believe Richer Sounds do a good budget multiregion dvd player also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Mines a philips dvd 634 it plays cdrw's, cdrs, mp3s, vcds, svcds, jpegs, everything =)

byte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

www.richersounds.ie have a cyberhome one for €119 that has all that, it's got good reviews on the DVD reviewing sites too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Actually those models have had terrible reviews, the 505 was the first one they managed to bring out bug free.

If you have/did go out and buy a previous model there is good news, there are plenty of bug fixes and firmware up dates which can be found......

http://www.cyberhome-help.de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Kharn has the powerpoint yoke.
    he got it for €130 in Galway.
    Plays everything, has better playback then the PS2 (that yoke was skipping and desyncing).

I'm seriously thinking of getting one v. soon.

byte

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Kharn has the powerpoint yoke.
    he got it for €130 in Galway.
    Plays everything, has better playback then the PS2 (that yoke was skipping and desyncing).

I'm seriously thinking of getting one v. soon.

Yea, I've one too. So far so good. But i do find that MP3 playback isn't the best, unless I need to change some sound settings or something. The fact it does 5.1 decoding is also a bonus for when I add some speakers and sub! :)

Hell it even has an option for onscreen spectrum analysers!:D

Advertisement