Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelda 2

Options
  • 16-06-2000 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

Remember Zelda 2 for the NES years ago? i'd say nearly everyone had it, but it was really hard to beat. I remember about 8 or 9 years ago, i used to play it every day, and i got as far as the Hydra/Phoenix thing in the last Castle, and got him down to 1 health, but never beat the game.
    Now I have a PIII 450 with Voodoo3 and all new stuff, but this is still the 3rd best game i have (behind Quake3 and Quake1), and I'm addicted to it again.

The problem is, I can't remember how to get past one part. I'm stuck and its killing me frown.gif
    You know when you get the whistle and go past that big spider thing in the path, and you're down by the invisible town and graveyard. I know there is an invisible village hidden in the woods near there, and I remember where it was, but i think you need some special item to find it, ya? Bah, sure i suppose nobody will remember this, and it must be way too old to have walkthroughs on the internet :/

I'll have to keep trying anyway, because i WILL beat this game. try to think back anyway, because it was the best game every for the NES (mario 3 was OK too)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

You should try www.gamefaqs.com. They have walkthroughs and cheats for almost everything.

Noel Brady
    bribrad@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Impossible Mission on the C64, still play that on occasion on my c64 emu, can still clock it and all. Great game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

nice one! i didn't think people still played regular nintendo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Actually , from my experience , The NES seems to be the most popular emulation format. A good ROM site you go to will have about 700 - 1200 NES roms. I never really cared for the NES though. The Snes was my machine smile.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

ya, NES isn't great - Zelda2, Megaman and Mario3 were the only good games... that i can remember. Its just that i remember renting all these games when i was 9 and playing them non-stop, and its great to play them again. i have about 50 of them i remember playing, alas! the nostalgia.
    Snes i thought was very good. i only had a few games for it, Populus, Mario, Super Soccer Champ, MarioKart, and Link, but the games were way better than anything else i thought. i've played them on emulator though, and twas a great machine. I still can't beat the Irish guy in Super Punchout though.

• Advertisement

LOL! Actually yeah I tried to sell my DC and no one would buy it. Even the Boggers out in the middle of nowhere coming into town to buy some fertiliser heard it was crap! Also , if ever you are feeling down , just have a go at the first boxer in Super Punchout , Gabby Jay. That guy cracks me up everytime biggrin.gif
    Another classic was Super Mario World which has to be the most difficult game I have ever played. I can get to level 30 and there are 96 levels. The N64 is a cruelly under-rated machine just like the Snes was back then.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

I forgot , another classic was Road Rash II on the Mega Drive/Genesis. Crashing into spectators at 200 mph , swinging a chain. Man that was some fun game.

[This message has been edited by ThunderingMike (edited 19-06-2000).]

ya, the nintendo consoles seemed way more intelligent than sega i thought. like, sega are more like arcade games - once you get the hang of the game it becomes way too easy usually, and just gets boring. Nintendo games are way better i think, like all the secrets and stuff.

Gabby Jay is great alright - especially when he goes "Yay!" but have you ever beaten the irish guy?
    "Your wimpy little punches won't even faze me"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wow - I remember the absolute pleasure that game used to give!!! I never finished it unfortunately
    I must dig up my old NES this weekend when I head home.

Dreamcast me ar$e!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Lad, as soon as you finish Zelda 2 go out and get urself a SNES and Zelda 3 bleedin' pronto smile.gif Forget Ocarina of Time, Zelda 3's where it's at! Also, if you have a Game Boy (and if you don't, what's wrong with you ffs) grab a copy of Link's Awakening, I promise you won't be disappointed.

On the topic of NES games, I still play my NES! (Quake 3? pfff!) I recently bought a copy of Faxanadu for a fiver after not being able to find my old copy for like 4 years. Rad Gravity, Double Dragon and Rescue also keep my NES from gathering dust... smile.gif

• Advertisement

links awakening for the gb was absolutely brilliant. it was by far the best gameboy game ever. I like the one for the snes too, i don't think i ever beat that though. I don't really like the one for the N64, but i never gave it a chance because i never left the village smile.gif

Advertisement