Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Place to Buy Online

• 04-01-2003 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations on buying phones (no contract, unlocked) online or is it just better to get one from a retailer?

Dizz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi IrishDizz

I think Siemens will sell you a phone direct from them in cork with out any contract.

No harm in trying 1890 260 760 for the cost of a local call.

I my self love Siemens phones.

Eóin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

expansys seem to be the cheapest, alright. http://www.extele.net isn't too bad, but slightly dearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭talla

i've lost all respect for expansys after what they are trying to sell sony ericsson P800 imports for:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=P800IMPORT

it's avalable in sweden, UAE, italy for about €800 sim free

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Expansys don't seem that cheap to me anymore either. Their shipping costs are also a bit over the top in my opinion.

If you know someone who has a bill phone on Vodafone or O2 and has an upgrade due - but doesn't want to get a new phone themselves - you might be able to work something out, it's a lot cheaper this way.

Or you could try ebay. Perhaps a little risky but it's sure cheap. I know people who've bought them this way and they had no problems. Plenty of new phones on their as well.

Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i wouldn't touch a phone on ebay unless it's brand new and the seller has a triple-figure positive feedback rating. a lot of dodgy stuff is going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by talla
    i've lost all respect for expansys after what they are trying to sell sony ericsson P800 imports for:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=P800IMPORT

it's avalable in sweden, UAE, italy for about €800 sim free

its the import thingy on expansys, the 7650 was the same, give it a few weeks and they will have it marked without the import at alot lower of a price..........................

yeh but sites like mobilefly.com are offering the import @ €799

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

expansys were up-front and had a note on the homepage saying the regular P800 stock will be in at the end of the month and the first supply of units were specially imported (for those with more money than sense - can't believe they sold their first lot so fast for that price!!) - i'm waiting to see how much it will be when the regular supply comes out

they did the same when the 8910 came out - they got import stock in (from asia) and charged an arm and a leg - then when regular supply lines opened up the price went to a normal sim free level

mobilefly might have it listed for $800 - but people were saying they haven't had any stock - suppose expansys are the first ones to have it in so they will charge a premium for the first adopters

the www.esato.com forum has a P800 price watch thread going at the moment that i'm watching like a hawk :)

Brian G

yeh i know i've keeping an eye on all the sonyericsson forums, yeh mobilefly are out of stock at the moment, but there was stock last week.from wht i can c when the p800 is released everywhere at end of the month, price should be around €800 sim free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

roll on feb :) - i'm kinda hesitant to chance the customs duty importing it in from mobilefly (singapore) even if they do mark it as a gift - i'm thinking i'll stick with an EU supplier so hope some of them get to the Eur 800 mark, and hopefully lower :)

Advertisement